Jack's was first. It fell on a Tuesday this year. I can't really explain that rationale, but I could hardly complain because it freed me up for the girl's shindigs later in the week. I was co-party mom on this one. Something about planning a "winter" party seems to bring on a plethora of challenges for me. Basically the only theme I'm left with after ruling out every Christmas possibility is snowmen.
Somehow, I just couldn't bring myself to do it this year. I am so over the building an edible snowman thing. {maybe because of Mag's party?!?!}
So...I opted for a hot chocolate bar. Brave with a room full of 6 and 7 year olds {who had just returned from P.E--note the sweat head}. But delicious fun!
The kiddos in Ms.W's class had a grand time decorating their mugs and then hitting the bar. It had everything from chocolate chips to peppermint marshmallows to blue cotton candy {and lots of other goodies in between}. I added some snowballs {white powdered doughnuts} for a tasty snack.
Jack was so busy enjoying himself that he hardly noticed my presence {or at least pretended he didn't}. But I did catch a bashful grin shot my way that was most definitely his way of saying, "thanks for coming"...and I'd like to assume..."I love you".
After the hot chocolate and snacks we ended the whole 30 minute party {don't even get me started on that one} with a snowball game. I used our snowball centerpiece above to try to play an organized game. Needless to say, it was interesting.
I ended the week with two pre-school parties. One of which the parents were invited to and one I snuck in to. Since I was technically allowed to come to Lu's party that was my first stop.
This cuteness was at her seat.
But it got even cuter when this little one showed up to sit in it.
This precious little reindeer was lovin' some cupcake.
I couldn't get enough of Lucy's sweetness and her icing covered grin. I must have gone through an entire container of wipes by the time she was finished devouring her treat. {and I must note my attire, hair do, and less than presentable self is afforded to a yoga class pre-party time}
We snuck out of Lu's party a bit early and headed over to Maggie's celebration. When we showed up Maggie was entranced in a Christmas story and didn't even notice us.
But, once she did, she was over the moon excited. The sisterly love is absolutely irresistible.
We waddled out of pre-school that afternoon with bags filled with an abundance of loot. Once home we sorted through all the gifts, cards and candy. The girls had great fun spreading it ALL OVER the kitchen floor.
Unfortunately, it abruptly ended with a "your son is sick at school" phone call. Ugh...poor guy. Thankfully it was post party day and all he has on his agenda is to hang at home for the next 3 weeks {yikes!} and get well.
Hoping it's sooner than later...








No comments:
Post a Comment