Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Cheer

I rounded up my little elves this afternoon to assemble some Christmas Cheer for their classmates.  I was completely elated when I wasn't met with any resistance from the senior elf {that would be Jack}.  It seems the trick was to start without him...he could hardly resist the temptation to join in.  



Per our usual routine, Jack and Maggie counted and filled bags, and I added the bag toppers.  We tried to include the baby elf this time.  And to no surprise, it was a debacle.  So we set her up with the ipad and got back to work.

Once that was settled, the bigs and I had a nice conversation about giving and how it makes others feel and the joy we feel in return.  I'm hoping they are getting more out of this then the left over candy that awaits them at the end of our holiday projects.

{we also sang a few rounds of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer}



When we were finished we had 57 bags of Reindeer noses ready to share with our school friends.  I grabbed this cute printable off of some adorable website {ashamed I can't remember where now} and picked up some Whoppers and red gumballs to fill the bags.  Not sure gumballs are exactly age appropriate, but Fireballs were the only other option and I could hardly see that being successful.



And though this is completely unrelated, I could not resist sharing.  Daddy has no shortage of helping hands around here {whether he likes it or not}.  I peeked out the front door yesterday to see this entourage returning a ladder to a neighbor.  I can only imagine how long it took them to get across the street.

'Tis the season for helping hands!





No comments: