Thursday, October 30, 2014

Party Day

The girls had their Halloween parties at school today.  To say they were excited would be an understatement.


Something about those costumes hanging on their closet doors for the day's outfits got those sisters giddy this morning.

As expected Maggie was Elsa.  I only had to use about 20 safety pins in the back to try to restore what she has done to that poor gown in the last month.  It is beyond stretched out and I'm at a loss as to how to repair Disney store mesh.  It's certainly been loved on.

But when it came to Lucy and her costume, nothing was expected.  Back at costume picking out time, she chose Anna.  {per Maggie's suggestion}  So...we got an Anna costume.  Here recently Lucy has been telling everyone she is going to be Minnie.  Only to follow it the next day saying she's "Anna".  What was I to do, but buy a back up, of course.

It pained me to buy this pre-made Minnie costume back at Costco a week ago, but I did it...just in case.  Oh, how much fun it would have been to put together a homemade Minnie dress {if I had only known}.  But, what will be will be and today for party day, Lucy chose Minnie.

The question is what will she choose tomorrow night?!?!


I loaded these party going gals up for school and did my best to buckle them in without all that tulle drowning them.

I was party mom for Lucy.  I had a tinge of guilt, as I knew Maggie would be wondering why I wasn't doing her party.  But...I was just her Mystery Reader and I did sign up for two parties in her class this year, so I think all is fair.  Agree?

She was accepting and seems to have had a fabulous halloween celebration even without me there.

Lucy and her little friends came in off the playground to a halloween snack, games, crafts, and SURPRISE! her Mommy.


My little Minnie had to be shell shocked to find me in her classroom before dismissal.  Anyway, that's how I'm explaining her indifference to my presence.  Unlike her sister, she didn't feel the need to climb back in the womb.  She went on like it was any other day and participated in all we had in store for that group of 2 year olds.

And let me add my disclaimer here...I could never teach 12 two year olds.  Some days I can hardly handle one. 

However, knowing it was only for an hour, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  And just loved seeing Lucy in her element.  And she let me know she loved having me there too {especially come story time}.




Tomorrow we will have three costumed kiddos.  I'm only hoping the pins in Maggie's dress hold up and Lucy makes a final decision.  Halloween night is only hours away...

Happy Halloween Eve!



No comments: