Wednesday, October 8, 2014

On My Nightstand: Gone With The Wind



I just finished reading, what is now, my most favorite novel of all times...Gone With The Wind.  My timing was impeccable with it being the 75th anniversary and all.  Seriously, where have I been the last 75 years?  How could it have taken me so long to read this classic?

Oh my, it had it all.  History, romance, drama.  I could hardly eat, drink or sleep, without wondering what Scarlett was up to next.  She has literally consumed my thoughts for the past three months {sorry kiddos}.  Now, if you ask me, that is a sign of an epic book.

I can't deny, I was sorely devastated when I came to the last page.  No it can't be over and no, it can't end like this!  

The only silver lining is that I FINALLY get to dive into the movie.  I'm pretty sure I saw it as a kid, but only snippets are in my memory.  Nothing can compare to how amazing I'm anticipating the flick to be after just finishing up the novel.  Just me Scarlett, Rhett, and some popcorn.  Absolutely divine!

And, of course, I just can't forgo giving 'Scarlett' {the sequel novel} a try.  I certainly don't anticipate anything as great as its predecessor, but I can't go on without knowing what could be...

Oh Scarlett, I do give a damn...and probably too much so.

Happy Reading!




No comments: