And so it goes in the life of a mommy with three little ones.
Jack and Mags head back on Monday. And littlest Lu follows close behind with her first day being Tuesday. I can hardly believe it myself. I can definitely say for at least a third of my trio, it's time. And I say that as kindly as possible.
Never the less, it's still taxing emotionally and wonderfully exciting all at the same time. They just keep growing up. Where does the time go...seriously?
So the girls were up first. Off to preschool we went directly after breakfast. This may be one of my hardest years to date to do this. Maggie's last year at preschool and Lucy's first year of preschool {sigh}.
Maggie settled right in and began checking out her tropical themed room. She was thrilled with the newness of her classroom. I could hardly get her to leave when it was time to visit Lucy's room. She begged me to "leave her" there. Heart breaking but, very comforting at the same time.
{oh...and please excuse the quality of these photos, I was lucky to get them with all that I was juggling, trust me}
It doesn't hurt that her teachers are fabulous for this all important year. Or at least I foresee it that way. They were beyond welcoming and full of energy. I was squealing with joy when I learned Maggie would be reunited with Ms. Meridith. She was Maggie's toddler room teacher way back three years ago. Maggie got a kick out of knowing that Meridith used to change her diapers.
Ms. Stacey is bound to make everyday of learning fun and exciting. And who wouldn't love that? Maggie was tickled over her collection of hats.
And to top off all that fabulousness, these sweet girls will be spending the year together. That was an answered prayer right there. Yay!
As to be expected, Lucy started the visit to her young 2's class on the shy side. In no time, she was checking the place out and making her self right at home. When our visit was over she nearly threw a nice tantrum saying, "no go, no go". We will see how Tuesday goes. Fingers crossed.
Lu's teachers are as sweet as ever...Ms. Johanna. Which Lucy has already been practicing..."Ms. Honna".
And Ms. Janet. I've been wishing and hoping to be in class with her since back in the day. My young two year old made it possible! I'm thinking a great year in this class is inevitable.
Neither girl would part with their school bags as we headed out the preschool door. I was on a serious time crunch, but how was I to stop this cuteness. They were both so proud and full of anticipation.
We skidaddled home just in time for me to trade out the girls for my big 1st grader. By this time I was nearly wiped out, but Jack's enthusiasm gave me a second wind.
We raced upstairs to meet this lovely lady, Ms. W. I could see it in Jack's eyes immediately, he was back at home. That boy LOVES school. He was thrilled to meet his teacher and just as thrilled to see 10 kids from his K class. The perfect mix of new friends and old friends.
This old 1st grade teacher in me, could see right away that we are in for another fabulous school year. Ms. W is energetic, kind, academic, and oh so, organized. A teacher after my own heart.
Jack settled right in to his new big kid desk without a wince. He would have let me leave him right there until Monday morning had I let him. I kept him busy filling out paperwork and then we explored his room for a bit. It seems Ms. W is a serious Auburn fan. Jack was the first to let her know the bad news...his team beat her team in the national championship. I'm assuming it's something we can all work past.
So there you have it. Three peaks. And three great school years on the horizon.
Now to enjoy our last weekend. Monday morning will come way too soon.











No comments:
Post a Comment