But, much more enjoyably, we set up and ran our very first lemonade stand. Every since Lucy's 1st birthday party, I have been itching to get that precious stand outside for lemonade. Today was the day.
The kids and I made a quick run to the dollar store yesterday to pick up a few supplies. One being poster board. Jack did the words and illustration and Maggie colored it.
It's very important to Jack that everyone knows he WAS NOT involved in the coloring aspect. I can't say I blame him...I feel the very same way sometimes. And then have this unnecessary need to explain it to everyone. Clearly, something Jack and I need to work on. I'll add that to our list.
But, once we came to terms with the advertising, the sale was on.
I just love that our first customer was our sweet neighbor from across the street. She was basically summoned out of her house by a ringing doorbell and two very eager kids.
We had moments of a mad rush of lemonade buyers intermittent with down time. To my surprise, those quiet moments were few and far between. I mean the UPS guy even stopped by after turning his semi around in the cul de sac. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why he was driving a semi in the first place. But, hey, we'll take the business.
When Jack wasn't serving or sitting, he was riding his bike up and down the street soliciting customers. You could hear him a block away, "LEMONADE 25 CENTS A CUP!".
I was pretty impressed with how long the kids stuck this out. We were out there nearly two hours and racked up a whopping 17 dollars and some change. Not bad for 25 cent cups of lemonade.
We finally called it quits when the last drop of lemonade was poured out of the pitcher. Someone got the bum deal on that cup.
Now the kids are begging to set it up again tomorrow a.m. I'll take it...anything is better than another day at the water park. Anything!






No comments:
Post a Comment