I picked Lucy up from school today to find her adorning her festive little birthday crown. This was after a classroom celebration complete with doughnuts. It sure did make drop off a whole lot easier this fourth day of school.
We are two days shy of the actual big day. "Happy Buthday Lu Lu" {in her own words} is finally about to become a reality. She's been staring down birthday decorations and watching me craft and create away for months now. I believe she was beginning to wonder if it was really ever going to happen.
Lucy's got her eye on the prize now. The celebrating is here. After her school shindig, we came home to a package with the birthday girl's name on it. Never mind that this is Lucy's time to shine, big sister was right there to "help" with the unwrapping. Naturally.
A box full of love from Grammy. The girls got busy right away with the princess book and the two year old proof "cd player". I have Cinderella's waltz playing through my head right now. We listened to it that many times and I'm sure there are many more to come.
Oh, but my favorite were these sweet Melissa and Doug cupcakes. Lucy singing the happy birthday ditty to herself and then blowing out the candles nearly did me in. Pure preciousness.
I'm looking forward to the real deal on Saturday. See you soon...under the sea!





No comments:
Post a Comment