Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Wild 7th Birthday

I think it's high time I post the birthday boy and his wild adventure.  This is where the real fun is.

Jack waited patiently for his guests to arrive.  He wanted to be the first to greet them in full safari attire. If your curious about the backpack, I can assure I was to.  But, that was all part of his ensemble.  He filled it with everything an adventurer could  possibly need.  I'm talking from a water bottle to a change of clothes to a magnifying glass.  I kid you not.  He was in full character for this celebration.



At the sign of the first few boys, Jack had his guests out "exploring" the yard.  The boys could hardly wait to finish their "pre safari show" animal masks so they could run around on Jack's pseudo expedition.



I was finally able to round them up, all 15 boys, to sit down for the wild animal presentation.  The 4 girls were already sitting beautifully waiting for the show.



But, once they did, there was finally some civility to this wild day....and they were mesmerized.



Lucy grabbed a set in Grandma's lap.  She made it about a third of the way through the animals and then took a break to go jump on the trampoline.  She came back, but only to leave again and hit the sandbox and then the swings.




Maggie found a perfect spot front row with the only other girls in attendance.  Jack wouldn't think of celebrating his birthday without his dearest friend Sophia.  It was blessing, as Maggie needed some girls with all those wild things running around.



The best part about the show, was the special attention the birthday boy got.  He had the most hands on experience out of any of the guests and he was loving every minute of it.  So much so, he asked for the same birthday party next year just with different animals.




I'm sure you are aware of my irrational fear of snakes.  So these next few pictures are a true testament of my love for this super 7 year old.











After the wild animal show, we enjoyed our Safari snacks and some Jungle Juice.



And then, of course, it was time to sing to the birthday boy!  I had prepared myself to be in tears at this moment, but somehow I held it together.




My sweetest girls enjoyed their cupcakes on the lawn while all the boys headed to the upper deck of the playhouse to devour theirs.




After the sugar rush from cupcakes, jungle jollies taffy, and the jungle juice, it was time to run off some of that energy.  I gave strict directions to those wild things about the Wild Scavenger Hunt list.  I then sent them off with binoculars, safari hats, their lists, and jungle pencils.

I was loving that the little sisters participated too.









After we said our goodbyes and thank yous to our guests, I wrangled in the wildest one of them all for a few family pictures.  Jack was more than obliged to do so.



These are pictures I will cherish forever.  And I'm certain Jack will too someday.





Happy Birthday to the wildest, most adventurous, and lovable explorer I know!  There is no other 7 year old on the globe that I would rather celebrate with.  All my love Jack!




1 comment:

ericafokens said...

Happy Birthday Jack! 7! I adore the last picture of your mom with the kids:)--so sweet!