Monday, March 10, 2014

Getting Ready...

I feel very absent from our blog.  It's been over a week.  So unlike me.  And I am surely missing my evening 'decompress and reflect on why I really do love my kids' time.  Because sometimes after a long evening...I need those pictures to remind me.

But, honestly not much has been going on.  Just a lot of prepping for days up ahead.  We are getting ready for St. Patrick's Day.  Please take "getting ready" lightly here.  We've prepared some sweet over the rainbow treats for the teachers.  And I'm still in great debate mode about how big of deal to make it around the house.  It's most likely pending on if I can make a dollar store run before the 17th.

And speaking of dollar store, I found these cute green cups for the teachers there.  We filled them with a cello bag of skittles and a separate cello bag of hershey gold nuggets.  We then tied rainbow ribbon around the outside and attached this cute little tag that read, "you are the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow".  I'm hoping the teachers feel special.  They certainly deserve it after all they do {speaking from experience}.



We've also been getting ready for Jack's big 7.  I can hardly believe I just typed that number.  Wasn't he just 17 months old and giving me a run for my 'first time mommy' money?  Where does the time go?

So, I'm thinking this might be his last biggie.  We *may* go a little more low key from here on out with a few friends and a destination.  Just thinking {and kind of wishing}.  But, his party request this year is anything but low key. He has requested and I quote, "an animal adventure party".  So that's what I will be spending the month of March getting ready for.



And other than that, we've been hitting the field getting ready for baseball season {which we are  now three games in}.  I vow to post on that soon.  Getting ready for summer...woah, it will be here before we know it.  I've booked Maggie's June and July camps and Jack's June.  And we are still waiting for that perfect camp to make itself known for Jack's July.  Any ideas?

And speaking of summer, I have spent many a nights this past week on the computer researching Disney Cruises.  And I am happy to say, we have finally scheduled and booked one!  YAY!  But, shhhhh...don't tell the kids.  I'm not sure how I'm going to present one of the most awesome summer vacations EVER to them yet.

Okay...I'm off to get ready for the many things March precedes.  Hopefully my kids will do something really cute at one point this month so I'll have more to share.

Ta ta for now!




No comments: