Because if you know Jack, you know he's had some hesitation with anything involving a team. It's a little of that type A, perfectionist, and control personality streak that seems to genetically run through every vein in his body. I can't imagine where that would come from. Happily we are making significant progress {in all areas}.
So given that, you can imagine my elation when he hits the field running whether for a game or just a practice. And trust me, there are plenty of both.
With the sun shining {hallelujah}, Grandma and I packed up the girls and headed to field 8 to cheer big brother on. This was already Jack's fourth game of the season and I digress, this is the first game I've taken the girls to. But, geez, it has been cold. I couldn't bare to put them through it.
We arrived to see Jack out on the field donned in his D'backs uniform. Can I just say, what a cutie? That boy wears his uniform well. Lucy was just about beside herself when she spotted him. "Jah! Jah! Jah!". She was so loud that Jack had an unfocused moment of waving to his littlest. Sweetness!
When Lucy wasn't cheering for her brother she was sneaking into the dug out to get some love from her Daddy. I think she thought she was big stuff in there with all those boys.
I set the girls up with a picnic right by the fence. It was the best view for them to watch Jack out on the field and up to bat. I must admit, Maggie spent most of her time socializing with anyone she could find under 4 feet. Some of the "friends" were feeling kind of shy and when I mentioned Maggie is often like that, I was looked at as if I were nuts. Followed, by 'I never would have guessed that'. I suppose she was feeling kind of social butterflyish today. I'm thinking those cool Arial shades boosted her confidence.
As I mentioned, Jack seems to enjoy himself. Whether he's on the field or not. I love that he's getting a taste of team spirit.
We all watched in great anticipation as Jack came up to bat in a tie game.
But, none more than littlest Lu.
It's a hit! The D'backs pulled out a 16 to 17 victory!
And Lucy could finally relax and enjoy the rest of her lunch with Grandma.







No comments:
Post a Comment