We headed down south for our Thanksgiving holiday. And unfortunately, post Thanksgiving Day our vacation went down south too. My dear Mags came down with a serious stomach bug on Friday evening. Poor gal was "spitting" a lot {as she referred to it}. I didn't have the heart to correct her terminology in her puny state.
Up until then all things went well. We had a pleasantly smooth drive down. Lucy even dozed off for a whole 45 minutes. The kids arrived full of hugs and kisses for their Grammy. And all three were especially excited about some overdue cousin time.
I pretty much packed the camera away after Friday night's illness reared it's ugly head, but here is a bit of the fun before it all went down south for us.
On Thanksgiving Day I asked my little turkeys to take one picture together for me before the guests arrived. I can't help but share this one of them acting exactly like that...little turkeys. I make Jack glue his hands to his thighs when I foresee trouble. Can't you just see how hard he is trying to be wild and contained at the same time. What would I ever do without him?
I selfishly made Grammy sit with the three in hopes of capturing some Thanksgiving love. After this shot, I couldn't bear to put her through it anymore.
Before dinner there was a lot of play. Lucy was very into the action and everything she could find to put her paws on. What a difference a year makes. Thankfully Grammy has a plethora of toys.
Jack took over photography duty. I was very impressed with his skills. He captured this one of me and my Lu and several others that were actually worth saving. It's when he got to his over excited ramped up stage that I had to take that very expensive piece of equipment out of his hands.
A before dinner and after dinner image or two.
Even better than dessert was Jack's opportunity to play ON his big cousin, Whit. Jack absolutely adores him. Kudos to Whit for his patience and missing a couple football plays to keep my wildest turkey entertained.
And as you may have noticed Jack is wearing a new shirt. That would be because the worst torture I can put him through is a collared shirt. It's pretty ridiculous. As soon as dinner was over and his collared shirt duties were fulfilled, little man changed into the first thing he could find.
The girls settled in for a quieter version of play. And though we were indeed down south...we were freezing! These sweet girly girls didn't last too much longer in the great outdoors.
On Thanksgiving evening Aunt Catlin and I took the kids to see Frozen. Super cute movie and totally fitting for the frigid temps. I was in search of the hot chocolate stand but settled for some popcorn...mmm...I love some movie theater popcorn.
The kids got Frozen Kid's Packs, which was an excuse for the theatre to add $2 on to the already ridiculously over priced meals. But they did get these cute little cups in them. That's Queen Elsa on top of Maggie's. She loved it. I'm thinking Jack could have taken or left his Prince cup.
And no, I didn't take my camera to the movies. Although I wish I would have. These are a few iphone shots that I'm sure the other movie goers appreciated me taking.
On Friday, before it all went down south and up Maggie's esophagus, Clay and Grammy took the bigs to the Aviation Museum. I stayed home with a napping Lu. Clay so graciously kept me in the loop with a few phone pics.
The report when they returned was Jack had a great time and Maggie wanted to come home. So either Mags was already starting to feel bad or she just has no interest in airplanes. I'm going to have to guess it was both.
And that about sums it up. The rest of the week was spent nursing a sickly Magpie.
Either way, I adored having my kiddos home. Our little turkey break down south just got me all the more excited for an upcoming Christmas break.
Happy Thanksgiving! Off to nurse the littlest one who looks like she is up next in the sick department. Boo!







No comments:
Post a Comment