Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Thanksgiving Program & Some Thankfuls


I had the honor of attending Jack's Thanksgiving Program today.  I also had the honor of having Maggie in tow.  I don't think she gets quite as sentimental when it comes to these performances as I do.  I felt a few wiggles and overheard a few, "I'm ready to go home now"s.

So I snuggled Maggie close, gave her some love, and whispered in her ear, "don't forget we get to go the book fair after the performance".  I'm pretty sure the latter is what did the trick.

After that we settled in for a perfectly festive performance by the Kindergartners.  Jack's class was the last to go on stage.  I could hardly sit through the other songs {as cute as the kids were} in anticipation of Jack the turkey.  The wait was certainly worth it though.  Jack performed flawlessly and with a new found confidence that I have loved watching blossom this year.  I'm pretty sure I can add that to my list of "thankfuls".

I know, I know, video would be fitting right about now.  But, between juggling Maggie, a camera, and sitting in a cramped cafeteria,  Daddy wasn't too successful with a zoomed in recording of our star.  You would literally need a magnifying glass to find him on the stage.  I'll spare you. So pictures will have to do this go around.

Just hum a little ditty, "The Twelve Days of Thanksgiving" as you scroll through the images.  And perk up for the turkey verse...clearly, that's Jack part.





We all headed back to the classroom for the presentation of each individual student's Pixie Projects.  That would be 20 students, mind you.  If Mags was antsy through six songs, imagine this.  All I've got to say is...I'd like to take a moment to add Book Fairs to my list of "thankfuls".

This time Jack got to snuggle up with us as we watched the projects flash on the big screen {in a Kindergarten class that would also be known as the Promethean Board}.  Each presentation had about five to six slides.  We certainly got our money's worth.




I'm no movie critic or anything, but I'd have to give Jack 5 {shining} stars.



And just when you thought this little Thanksgiving celebration was done...it wasn't {although Maggie was}.  We also had the pleasure of feasting on Thanksgiving cuisine in the cafeteria with our little turkey.  And guess who wanted to pack a lunch?  I think the company was all Jack cared about.


The best part of the whole morning {and a lot of my afternoon} was watching Jack radiate everywhere we went and in everything he did .  He is such a fabulous kiddo and while we are at it, I'd like to add him to my list of "thankfuls".

Nothing like two little turkeys to get me in the spirit.




No comments: