December is here and the kiddos wasted no time kicking off the holiday season. We made our annual visit to see Santa this very first week of the most wonderful time of the year.
Before heading down to see the jolly ol' soul, Jack and Mags made out their Christmas lists. Maggie's included, 'jingle bells, a rhino, and a toy ornament'. I'm still trying to figure that one out. I'm afraid she may be sorely disappointed {or surprisingly elated...I'm thinking Santa can do better than that}.
And what princess doesn't need a wand for her Santa visit? The list alone would never do.
Jack's list, on the other hand, seems to get more intricate every year. I really feel for Santa's elves. Night Vision Goggles and a Wild Kratt Bat Power Suit? Oh, where does an elf begin. And I think it's important to note the back of his list included Heat Vision Goggles and a camera.
I reminded my kids that Clarence {our Elf Spy} was watching and then in the same breathe told them it was time for pictures on the porch. Tis the season...for bribing.
But, so thankful I did. You see, I have this amazing zoom lens that I got last year for Christmas. My whole hopes for it was to use it for far away school performances, sporting events, and of course, Santa pictures. {it seems Santa's elves have a stand behind the podium and no flash to take your personal photos policy}
And wouldn't you know, that amazing zoom lens apparently has been dropped sometime between Jack's Thanksgiving performance and our Santa visit. Sadly I didn't know this until I was in line with three excited kiddos. Talk about a race to change lenses and adjust it all.
I got a few. Sadly they aren't quite as amazing as they could have been. But, oh so happily {and much more importantly}, Jack and Maggie relished their time with Santa Claus.
And Lucy? Well, not a tear dropped. I wouldn't say she enjoyed it, but she tried her hardest to keep it together. There was a little lip pucker and watery eyes every now and then. Honestly, I was waiting for her to blow. But, no she kept it contained through the entire visit. I'm pretty sure the comfort of her bigs is what helped her through. Maggie even reached over and held her little hand a few times. But, geez, was she happy to see me when it was all over. I was quite impressed with that lovely toddler of mine.
The merriment has only begun! December, here come the Cibulas!
{and I think it only fair to myself to defend my hair and looks...that's called a week of sick girls and very humid weather...straightener, sleep...what are those?}





No comments:
Post a Comment