Friday, May 24, 2013

Jack's Wrap Up


I've been saving Jack's "Wrap Up" for a while now.  It's been going on for over two weeks.  Being 6 is a busy job, you know.  Once it started it just kept going.  It's fair to say we are both very ready for a summer break.

Ironically it all started with a closer.  A baseball closer that is.  After a very wet and way too many rescheduled games kind of season we celebrated Jack's Tiger Team party.  It too was rained out so the team Mom {which I almost volunteered for and am so glad that I didn't} had a plan B.  Mellow Mushroom...brilliant if you ask me.  The boys loved it, the siblings loved it, and it didn't even matter that it was raining...again.

Go Tigers!




We followed that close out with Jack's school Field Day.  I find Field Day fitting for this post because you always know it means summer is just right around the corner.  What else are you going to do with a bunch of pent up "is it almost summer" energy?  I applaud whomever timed this event so perfectly.

Jack's class were the Falcons.  He was either to wear Falcon attire {which we had none of} or the team colors.  I never knew there was such debate on the Falcons colors.  I searched the internet to confirm and found about three different answers.  All included red so that's what we did.

There is nothing cuter than an elementary school Field Day if you ask me.  I had a great time following the "Falcons" from station to station.  Those were some determined {and very energetic} kiddos.




And last, but certainly, not least was Jack's End of Year class Play.  Actually it was the exact opposite of least...it was my fave of all the above events.

The play was titled Goldilocks vs The Three Bears.  Intrigued yet?  Jack played Babe E. Bear...the cutest Baby Bear ever, as only a Mother can say.

We worked on his lines for a good two weeks.  My child, with what I consider an insanely accurate memory when it comes to text and facts, had it down in about two days.  But, we kept on trucking just to make sure it was perfect.

The play went remarkably well considering the actors and actresses were a mere 6 years old.  One of the lines by another character was a bit scrambled and for a moment I saw a paused look on Jack's face, but he recovered and made his portion of the play a raging success.

This Momma Bear was beaming with pride.



The play was a court room trial.  The three bears took Goldilocks to court.  Here is Babe E. Bear being sworn in by the bailiff before he takes the stand.



And here is Babe E. Bear answering every question with the truth and nothing but the truth.


There is way more cuteness to be seen.  These pictures could never do the trick.  So...I've got video!

Mrs. W asked Clay and I to record the entire play so that she could show it to the class before school was out.  I'm sure you have no interest in the entire trial, but I sure hope you have interest in Jack's big acting debut.  Just fast forward to about 5 minute 30 sec and you'll be to Babe E. Bear played by none other than the ever adorable Jack Cibula.

Enjoy the show...and your summer.  I know we did and we will!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great acting job, Jack!

Grammy said...

Great acting job, Jack!

The Fokens Family said...

What a cute idea for the end of the year! Love it, Jack!