Nothing like coming off an ice cold weekend in the woods to beautiful weather at home.
When the sweet sun shines, I'm the Mommy dragging my little ones outside. Then going behind them and locking all the doors so that they can't sneak back in. And in the end, they always love me for it.
We started our stay in the sun with some driveway play.
I snuggled Lucy up in her stroller so she could watch her bigs play. When that didn't suffice, I ended up sitting her right down on the concrete to join in the fun. Have I ever mentioned my Lulu likes to be in the middle of it ALL?
How fun is this hat that we received as a baby gift? I'm thinking she resembles the Chiquita banana girl....only way cuter. And if you are wondering how I will tell my girls apart in baby pictures when Lu is wearing a hat to cover up her signature hemangioma...no problem...I'll just remember Lucy is the one with the bib....always.
If Lucy was the banana girl, then Maggie could have been...hmmm...still thinking on that one. Open to suggestions on what you would call this get up. Maggie politely refused to take her church dress off. She said, about 92 times, "I look like a prinshess" followed by a twirl {and yes, I meant to spell princess that way}. Add her rain boots and an American flag and well, I'm still at a loss. You?
Now on the flip side, Jack is the first to change clothes when he gets home from church. There is no interim-straight upstairs for new clothes and then straight down to the playroom for Legos. As you can imagine, it was no surprise to me when this guy made it outside for our afternoon in the sun.
And if this post hasn't given you enough details about my kiddos so far, here is a picture that sums it all up. We've got Jack the super silly {can't sit still} Lego loving boy. Lucy with something always in her mouth and the happiest in the middle. And Maggie totally dressed up collecting things and carrying them around. That is a very accurate description of the Cibula kids complete with a picture to prove it.
Driveway play was followed with a walk {if that's what you want to call it}. I look like a three ring circus while trying to make it to the end of the street and back with 3 kids and a dog. Take a drive by if you are looking for some entertainment. I'm convinced my neighbors think we are the crazy family who reside in the grey cottage.
So on this adventure, Jack took his remote control car and the girls piled up in the double stroller. But not before, Maggie hung a giant pink bucket filled with sidewalk chalk from the side and
And with that, we were off.
Along the way that giant bucket filled with sidewalk chalk came in handy. We made several stops along the way so Jack and Maggie could leave their mark on the road. Yes, I let my kids plop down right in the middle of the street to decorate speed bumps and what not {and then I take pictures of it}
This is one of the many reasons I'm convinced of my neighbor's perception of me.
Even if I wanted to, there is no denying that the Cibula family "wuz here".
I'm happy to report we made it back to our driveway safely. And while that sweet sunshine invigorated us, it also wore us out just enough for nap time.
{And this final note is for those of you who always accuse me of "having it so together". I can finally prove my case....I took a look at my watch and thought, 'oh wow, it's already 1:15, time flies when you are having fun'. Then I announced that it was nap time for the girls. I tucked them both in, came downstairs with a hop in my step until...Jack said, "what's for lunch?". 'Oh, cr**'. Yes, I never fed my dear Magpie lunch. BUT...in my defense, she's my worst eater. She never even noticed. How guilty did I feel for the next 2 1/2 hours though?}
I just realized how incriminating this post turned out to be. Locking kids out, playing in the street, no lunch...







2 comments:
What a spectacular hat on a beautiful head!
Love everything about your divas during street play:)
Post a Comment