Baseball season is here! My favorite sport {maybe because of the fabulous weather I associate with it}. Getting to watch Jack makes it all that more enjoyable.
I am happy to say we are not Sand Gnats or Thunder this go around. We have {what Jack considers the best team name to date} the Tigers. Add a "dark" blue jersey and this season was a success before it even started.
Leave it to Coach Daddy to get Jack out in the backyard pre-season. Super big help for Jack in the confidence and 'hey, sports can actually be fun' department. Not to mention we are over the whole adjusting to long Kindergarten days and no naps {as opposed to back during Fall soccer}. So it looks like this could actually be an enjoyable season for all involved.
It certainly requires a lot of commitment. We {or thinking maybe I should be honest here, huh?} So I should say, Clay and Jack are up at the field at least twice a week. I do make it to all the games, just can't pull those late evening practices with the girls in tow. And I suppose I should note, that Super Daddy is also the head coach.
And on that note, I was planning on blogging about this newest time consumer at the end of the season. But, since it has become such a big part of our afternoons, evenings and weekends, I figured it was only fair to let everyone know where they can find us...SS Ballpark Field #6 {which ever so kindly has a few playgrounds for my girls}.
I forgot to mention my other love of baseball stems from the fact that I get to use my new Christmas present...my zoom lens. Bear with me, still working out the details {which I also am with the other lens I got about 2 years ago...yikes}. BUT...how awesome was it to not have to sneak on the field to get an action shot of #4?
I did, however, sneak {ever so stealthy} into the dug out for a quick snap...
On to the game. Jack is much more focused than he has ever been. Is it perfect? Far from it. But he's five, right? If it's not the batter or the ball keeping his attention, it's...well, take a guess by looking at this picture...
The answer?...his belt...I've got proof when he's getting frustrated with his little one, 30 plus years from now.
No more tee. This is the real deal. {By the way I took all these pictures through a chain link fence. I am smitten with my zoom lens}
Around the bases. And you better believe that he is struggling with rather to run or check out that belt one more time.
Love the celebratory hand slaps {I'm sure there is proper term for that that I am not aware of}. Point being, I love that he is getting way more out of baseball than just how to throw a ball. And yes, he is that handsome {as only a mama can say}
I legally made my way out onto the field post game and got a picture of this Father/Son duo. Adore my Tigers!





2 comments:
That is some cute stuff :) And his belt obsession is cute too! Great pics! Have fun this season - don't know how you keep two little girly-girls occupied at the ball field??
Btw, MC saw a pic of Maggie on my google reader page and he said "wow Paula's little one is seriously cute" :) Since men don't typically notice or comment on babies I thought you would appreciate that compliment!
Go Jack! He looks so grown up in his uniform.
Post a Comment