Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Suddenly Sitting


It really did just happen out of no where.  Suddenly.  

There I was one day, behind Lucy, letting her use me as a brace and I noticed, 'she doesn't need me'.  I let go of her and woo hoo, she was...sitting. 

This is by far my happiest milestone--a sitting baby.  I'm sure you Momma's out there can agree with that.

I can sit her down, surround her with toys {and often siblings} and she is a happy babe.  I haven't yet gained the confidence to sit her on the hardwoods or tile without the Boppy around her.  Nor have I gained the confidence to schedule her "sitting photo session".  But, rug play time sure is nice for my aching back and bones.

And can I please note how fabulous it is to play with my darling baby girl while looking at that sweet face? No more overhead views.  I get the giant blue eyes, irresistible chubby cheeks, and the endless drool.  Who could ask for more?  Not I.

Mmmm...pure love.  Little Lu suddenly got a whole lot sweeter.




And!, she found her toes this month.  Something about babies finding their toes gets me every time.  So stinking precious!  I could watch Lucy for hours play with those little tootsies {if I only had hours to spare}.




2 comments:

Grammy said...

Congratulations, Lucy!!!

Tanya said...

Yay, Lucy!