Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Tour of Homes


My house is certainly not worthy of a "tour of homes", but after  six months {and still going in some areas}, I feel it is at least deserving of a blog tour.  Mainly so you can see what I have been through for the majority of my pregnancy...sigh.  But, in turn, what I got for it...woo hoo!

And as my quick preface {because  you know you always get one with me}.  We still have some landscaping to do, pictures to be hung in various spots, empty places to fill, a nice punch list for my contractors, shutters to be hung over the garage window, oh and a lot of backyard to deal with.  But I said from the start, I would do as much as I could {decorating and furniture wise} until Lucy's arrival and then the rest would have to wait.  Well, she's not here yet, but I am prematurely officially done decorating {at least until I get her sleeping through the night, and myself too}.  I will focus on sod and flowers for outside...but that is about it for a while.

I hope you have your touring shoes on because this is a long one.

Welcome to The Cibula's.  If you've been here before, do you recognize it?  




Come on in...



Who am I kidding, you're a friend, of course.  Come on in the friend's entrance... {which will have sod this week!}



This is our friend's entry hall...loving that this is also the entrance from the garage...can you say functional?  Finally!




Take a left and you'll be in the mudroom.  No need to go visit that room though, but sure do love that my kids go straight there from the garage to put bags and shoes away.




Instead walk straight ahead to our new family room, complete with just about new...everything.  We had to do some serious furniture revamping to fit the new space.  But, now we have lots of seating and Clay's tv is finally mounted where he wants it. {note where the old tv used to be--back there in that big empty box, yes still waiting on the new shelve to be delivered to fill that in--hopefully this week}  And yes, Cosby really likes the new furniture too...can you spy him?




But...my favorite seat in the house is right here.  I adore this new little nook, right next to the fireplace.  And I will adore it even more when my ottoman is ready.



Out of every new piece of furniture we have purchased in the last 6 months, this by far has stolen my heart.  You must come see it in person, this picture doesn't do it half the justice it deserves.  Isn't it tweet?



Okay, head straight behind that love seat and here you are in the new loggia sunroom.  Take a look out those French doors--we finally have a deck with stairs.  Now it needs a good staining and patio furniture.  {I realized July was not the time to buy patio furniture--everything I loved was sold out--this will have to wait until Spring}




And this room is being used exactly as intended.  Look at our game table in full force.  No more puzzles all over the family room floor...yippee!




And from there...the master, which newly has a rug and pictures as of this week.  I would have loved a chandelier above the bed, but I have a husband and husbands like fans.  But, I did get my excessive number of pillows {which Clay still counts and questions on a daily basis}.



We have new window treatments and my Maxine.  I fell in love with Maxine, when I saw a floor sample.  I knew she belonged in my bedroom with a nice linen fabric.  Isn't she fabulous 1940's looking?  Maybe one day I'll get to relax in her, probably somewhere around 2040.  {and your first witness of one those empty 'I need a picture spots' along with a side table, lamp....}



But, now we come to the place that finally made me feel grown up again...our master bathroom.  My vanity and makeup counter are absolutely divine.  Can I tell you how much I am enjoying being able to sit down and do my makeup?  



I made a terrible color choice on the monogram thread of those hand towels.  I sadly even had a fabric swatch with me to match.  I couldn't have been more off.  So I sat {in my Maxine} today with a seam ripper and 4 hand towels.  I got a little taste of what it will be like to pull the monogram out of Maggie's clothes when it's time to pass them to Lucy.  Not so much fun.  But, I am off to the monogrammer this week to try again.  And I must admit, after 2 towels, I literally threw in the towel.  I just couldn't do it anymore. 



It's the little things, right?  Well, we have a tub AND a shower.  We only had a standing shower when we were in our old master which is now Jack's bathroom.  Knowing one of the kids were moving in there, we knocked out the old shower and put a nice tub in...wish we had done that 3 years ago.  But, since we didn't, I can appreciate this even more.



And speaking of the little things, let me show you some of the "little things" that , well, are making me feel grown up again.  These knobs for one.



And I have a fabulous chandelier over my tub to match these sconces.  I was once playing a game with some friends {Amy, Steph, and Erin, remember?} and the question was...what makes a bathroom feel luxurious to you?  Mine was a chandelier {and they all guessed that for me too, hmmm...how did they know?}  And now I happily have it, a little scary over the tub though, huh?  



And of course, the tub.  {Which I've only used once}  Waiting on the window treatments for a little privacy, not that anyone really cares to see me unrobed right now, but you know.



And here is my marble that I picked out early in Spring and held EVERYTHING up.  It finally arrived in June and it was worth the wait.  I love the rich chocolate.



But before I forget, let me take you upstairs to Jack's new room.  He is the only one who hasn't given a tour of his new space yet.  {this is for you Donna}  Same bed, same decor, but a lot more windows which equaled several more window treatments and airplane finials.



We added a few shelves {from Etsy} to display his transportation theme goodies.  They've only fallen once:)



And the rainbow shower curtain that he requested along with his "blue bathroom" request.  Honestly much cooler in person.



And in case you forgot, because it has been a while, a view of Maggie's sweet room as we head back down the hall and down the stairs.  {and please excuse her poor bed making skills, she is only two:}



If you live in town, please don't think this quick tour got you off the hook for a visit.  We are ready for lots of friends to come over before Lucy arrives.  Because I can pretty much promise that me, Lucy and the renovations will be going into hiding for about 3 months.  {that's 12 weeks of sleep training}

Thanks for taking a tour with me.  It only took our entire Spring and Summer of 2012, but we are so happy with the "functional" results! Looking forward to many happy years and memories here.




4 comments:

Donna said...

Love the shout out! And I love the 'new' house. Can Jessie and I come take the tour one day in August, before or after the bundle arrives? I can't wait to see the details! Great work! And I'm getting anxious to see Lucy soon!!!!!!

Tanya said...

I'm just now getting caught up on blog reading. The house looks so good! I love how everything turned out. I especially love the exterior wood doors!

The Zimmermans said...

When I'm ready to de-toddler my house, can you help me buy furniture? I love all your picks and can only imagine how much time it took to find the perfect things and pick out all the right finishings. BUT, you persevered and wow what a home you have!

Erin said...

The house looks fantastic...well worth any headaches. Glad you decided to stay and make it your own!