Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Do I Look Ready?


Tomorrow is the day.  The big day we meet Lucy.  There were certainly moments in the last week or so that I thought she might have plans of her own.  But, so far baby girl has held out for her planned c-section date.  Virgo baby it is after all.

Before Maggie's birth I was filled with so many emotions.  I knew I wanted her, I knew I couldn't wait to meet her, but I was down right scared.  I would have stayed pregnant another year had I been given the choice.  Once she arrived, all that changed in an instance.  

This time, I couldn't feel more different.  I am soooooo ready to not be pregnant.  Goodbye swollen ankles,  goodbye ridiculously painful heartburn, goodbye insomnia, goodbye 30lb bowling ball under my shirt, and speaking of shirt...goodbye maternity clothes.  {note I didn't say goodbye stretchy waistband yoga pants}.

But the most substantial difference this time,  I'm not scared.  A little anxious, yes, and still wondering how I will mange THREE loves.  But, totally ready to meet this sweet bundle of pink joy.  I can't wait to have that overflow of motherly love that consumes you until exhaustion takes over.  I can't wait to spend days in the hospital just bonding with Lucy while she snuggles her little newborn head up under my chin.  I can't wait to smell her, count her fingers and toes, and swaddle her up in pink.  

Yes, I'm actually ready this time.  Most importantly mentally, but also technically.


My suitcase is packed {with lots of pjs and one, "I hope I can fit into this outfit" to go home}. 




Lucy's bags are ready to go {and so preciously girly}.



Lucy has "hello brother" and "hello sister" gifts ready to give her doting siblings at the hospital.



And seriously...do I look ready or what?  I don't think she could fit another ounce on her if she tried.

Welcoming baby Lucy tomorrow around 7:30 am...send us your prayers.





5 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Yay! I can't wait to meet your sweet bundle of pink. And, I hope you can still pull off that cute outfit post pregnancy..that's just way too cute to not wear again.
Praying for a healthy baby & delivery. You've got it down now!
~E

The Zimmermans said...

I don't know why I'm checking your blog as if there will be an update. You are on top of things, after all! The Cibula house will forever be so blessed by this baby girl. Can't wait to meet her! PS-I'm in such denial that she really came out today! Hope it's setting in for you guys.

Tanya said...

Lucy's due date completely snuck up on me. I just logged onto FB and saw that she's here! She is so beautiful! I hope you're all enjoying this special moment welcoming the newest Cibula. She is precious!

Donna said...

OK, I hate to be waiting here! But I'm tired of looking at the "before" and want to see and read and hear about Lucy's arrival!!!! Post the after!!!!!!! Yes, you and she are READY. Now, if you're not too busy, let's see her first few days!!

ericafokens said...

Just what I'm thinking!!