She's still a Tuesday/Thursday kiddo, so she had the honors of following right after big brother on Tuesday. Maggie is in the Two Year Old room at the same pre-school she and Jack attended last year.
But, wow, what a difference a year makes.
My "fancy pants" {which is what I love to call her now because of her new signature move of placing her hands on her lower back, swaying her hips, all the while daintily walking} strutted into school like she owned the place. If you know my Maggie, that is serious stuff.
I adore watching this girl's confidence build. I always knew it was there. From the first day in the hospital, nearly 3 years ago, I knew she had a little sassy to her. Mmmmm...and how yummy is her sass?!
Day one went semi-well. I was expecting this to be a breeze after the day before with Jack. But, we all know that it doesn't always work like that. I did, however, relish in the comfort of walking into our familiar home away from home. So quaint, small, and inviting...I just love pre-school. If I could keep all three of my kids there for a lifetime, I think I just might.
Okay, so the "semi-well" happened when we reached Maggie's actual classroom door. All was well for our first day of school pictures on the porch, the car ride to school, and as Ms. Fancy Pants strutted down the hall with her giant bag in hand. {I offered to help, but was rejected with an adamant "me do it myself".}
Once we reached those classroom doors, all Mags and I could hear was wailing...and lots of it. And isn't it funny that it was all the Momma's boys crying out? So, I'm assuming, in Maggie's sweet little mind, she was thinking, 'hmmm...must be something to cry about in there'. Her reluctance started, then her little tears began to fall, and before I could let it elevate, I gave her a huge hug and at least fourteen kisses, reminded her "mommies always come back", and handed her over to Ms. Becky and Ms.Cheryl. I knew she was in great hands and I knew she never doubts my love for her.
And then as any
I am thrilled to report that I picked up a very bouncy-high spirited Magpie with a grin the size of her entire face planted across it. And the best part? This girly of mine is FULL of details! I am absolutely not used to that and am so LOVING it! I see lots of girl talk in the future.
According to Maggie, she spent her first day...painting with Mia, playing baby dolls with Elise, singing a bunny song, eating apples for snack, using the potty two times, rolling the ball to the teacher with her legs open to catch it, and reading books. Oh, and she immediately told me, "I am hungry". I imagine so after that busy day.
Mags came home, ate two sandwiches{!!} and hit her pillow hard. Have I mentioned how tired we all are around here? And it's only Tuesday.
Gotta love school! Looking forward to a fabulous year {with lots of happy adjustments}.





2 comments:
No mistaking that this girl - smiles or tears - is NOT blue eyed anymore!! Super cute!! Good job getting everyone into school. Now get down to business and let's see that baby!! Can't wait until next week!! Can Lucy??
Happy first day to Maggie! Doll!
Post a Comment