Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lounging at the Lake


Rarely do I get to say that I am "lounging" anywhere.  {and that's okay, this is what I signed up for}  But, what a treat it was to actually lounge this past weekend at my Aunt and Uncle's new lake house.

For starters, Grandma brought Jack up after he spent the previous night with her.  So that left a short drive north for just Clay, Maggie, and I.  And no matter what anyone says, one less child than what you are used to is pretty easy.  

Then we spent a lazy day on the dock and in the lake floating around in the best designed adult rafts ever.  And if you can believe this, my kids actually let me float around and did the very same themselves.  Those $3 rings they picked out on our beach trip have been worth every penny.

And as if all that wasn't pleasurable enough, my sweet kiddos headed home after naps for a sleep over with Grandma.  Clay and I {with Lucy in tow} spent a nice evening at the lake with a grilled dinner and a little sleep in the next morning.  Ahhh...the little things.  Sadly this may have to count as our babymoon.



We went ahead and broke out the July 4th bathing suits.  This holiday falling on a Wednesday thing has me really thrown me off.



My Mom is floating around in one of those amazing floats I spent my entire day in.  Feeling weightless at this stage in my pregnancy was so fabulous.



$3 entertainment at it's finest.



Captain Jack at the helm.



First mate Maggie took over the wheel for a bit.



And I love how these geese had absolutely no sense of personal space.  Jack got a big kick out of it.  So bummed that Maggie missed out...she had already headed in for a nice snooze.

Looking forward to a lot more lake visits...wink, wink, Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob.





No comments: