Are we sure it's not 9 months yet?
I sure do feel like it.
Maybe the heat. Maybe the third pregnancy. Maybe the fact that I no longer sleep.
Yep, I'm pretty much ready. Well, ready to not be pregnant and ready to meet sweet Lucy. Not so sure I'm ready for a newborn. {I'm allowed to say that on the 3rd round...I'm not naive to what is ahead}
She looks pretty ready too, don't you think?
I'm not quite as big as I was with Jack, but bigger than I was with Maggie. Not sure if any of that really matters though. Jack and Maggie were only about 4oz off and that was only because we took Mags via C-section 4 days early. I think it would be safe to assume Lucy will be a big baby. If not, I've got a lot of explaining to do with my weight gain.
Other than growing so perfectly, little Lu is quite the mover. She has little regard to the time of day either. Evenings {meaning my bed time and throughout the night} are her favorite time to get her groove on, but she loves the morning shift too. Usually mid-day, around nap time she settles in. Too bad I usually have a house full of construction workers or I might try to take a snooze with her.
My appetite or Lucy's {one of us} has definitely decreased. I find myself munching throughout the day rather than being ravenously hungry at each meal and in between them. Which in turn has created a major decrease in my weight gain. Shew, on that one. That was nuts there for a while. {And I don't know why the scale shocks me every pregnancy, you would think I would come to expect it by now.} However, we are not going for number 4 to test that theory.
Lucy will be our cherry on top. I have full faith in her. Wouldn't you? Look at that sweet and squishy face...
Yum! LOVE my chubby cheeked babies! And how thankful am I that I get another one? Thank you God...one prayer answered.
If you are wondering what is pressed up against those sweet cheeks....it's the placenta. Yes, lovely Lucy is breech. My first breech baby! Ugh...to say the least I was so bummed to hear that detail at the ultrasound. Okay, so it really doesn't matter because I am a scheduled c-section, however it does explain a lot. I have been experiencing major shortness of breath and feeling super winded. It seems Lucy has been RAMMING her head into my diaphragm. Time to flip little one.
And then I could go on and on and on {and probably on some more} about the sciatic nerve pain and back issues, but I look up at that sweet ultrasound picture and find it not necessary. All I can feel is my heart melting.
So here we go...the final stretch. 6 weeks and counting...


No comments:
Post a Comment