Saturday, April 21, 2012

She Needs A Name


If you are going to be this cute, you deserve a name....


Don't you agree?

So here we are, 20 weeks, and still debating new baby girl's name.  This is so unlike me, I generally like to have my children named at the moment of conception.  Okay, not literally, but pretty close.  I think this gal threw us for loop when she announced, well, that she was a gal.  {Not that we were set on a boy's name either, so I guess I can't really use that as an excuse}

It's just been really challenging with the third.  I have a lot of criteria {imagine that}.  But, seriously, this is her name for life and I want to make sure we get it right.  So here is the criteria...1) something pretty traditional/old--to go with Jack and Maggie {Margaret} 2) a two syllable name 3) and a name that ends with the long e sound.

The good news is we have it narrowed down to 3 names.  The bad news is we have a minor hang up with each of them.  Now it's just up to us {and you} to figure out which hang up is the most minor.  So, here we go.  I will take any and all opinions.  You won't hurt my feelings because no matter what you say it will be one of these names.  Be honest, but don't get your feelings hurt if I don't listen to you...wink wink.  And always keep in mind the other two children's names and our last name.  Here we go in no particular order}...

Lucy:  Her formal name would be Lucille.  Middle name is still a debate. I love Elizabeth and Jane with it, but would most likely go with Anne {although it's not my fave with it} to give her a family name.  The hang up?...my Mom has a 10 year old dog named Lucy {whom I adore, so I have a good connotation with it}.  But, maybe a bit odd?  Oh, and I must admit this is my favorite choice ;)

Annie:  Her name would be Annie.  Middle name Elizabeth for sure.  I like it because it is a form of a family name, Anne.  The hang up?...I don't want her to be called Anne {ever}.  And I feel like as she grows older this would happen.

Molly:  Middle name Anne or Elizabeth.  I have always adored this name.  And love the fact that I could reuse some of Maggie's "M" monogrammed clothes.  The hang up?...Maggie and Molly...too much alike?  I'd like them to have some identity of their own.

I feel even more confused than ever now that I have them all written out.  I can picture all of those names fitting into our family.  How will I ever decide?  Maybe I need triplets.  {totally kidding}

So for now I call her my little LAM {lamb}, until her name is finalized.  I've got a pile of onesies that need monogramming and a blank wall in her soon to be nursery that needs a name on it.

I'll be waiting on your advice...




8 comments:

Drea said...

Well I think each of those names is precious.
I personally love annie best tho. I have a friend who is Annie and never once was she called ANNE :-) - if that encourages you hehe.

Also my BFF growing up was Molly! shes beautiful and amazingggg, so thats a great name too.

Lucy is totally cute too tho. All 3 I think would be great options.

Maybe a determining factor would be how it "flows" with the older two?

Like when I say my kids names....

Caleb, Taite & Owen.. they just go well together.
I couldnt have a Caleb, Taite & Bernard, LOL that just doesnt go ;-) get what im saying?

So say "Jack, Maggie & Annie.... or Jack, Maggie and Luzy.... Jack Maggie & Molly. I just think Annie is t he best pick ;-) because it slows HEHE!

Drea said...

it flows, not slows ;-)

Donna said...

This is really, really HARD! It looks like Annie is the clear winner. It's the only name without a negative. I think all of our kids have kept their given names with pretty little enforcement. That said, I agree and do love all name options. Can't wait to hear what you decide!!

The Harris Family said...

Molly, Molly, Molly! Considered it myself at one time:) I thinks Maggie and Molly is cute! Totally honest. But all would be great I'm sure!

ericafokens said...

Annie Elizabeth! Love them all...

Tanya said...

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these names. I love all of the choices, but Molly and Annie are my favorites. Such cute names!

I do love how Molly, Maggie and Jack Cibula sound together.

amy said...

So you know I don't usually comment but I will in this case. You are WAY over thinking the Annie and Molly names. Lucy I like, but can see how you would be apprehensive with that one b/c of the dog. Annie - no one will call her Anne unless you or her allow it. You know as a teacher, kids call kids what the teacher calls the kid. No teacher will shorten her name to Anne. And when she's older if she wants people to call her Anne well its her identity so let them. (By the way my dad said people would call Caroline - Carol of course they don't) Molly is cute. I'm 100% positive she will have her own identity even if she wears a few of Maggie's hand me downs which she will be doing with clothes that have and don't have a M on. Plus my sister and I both begin with A and as you know we have different identities. I like them all but I think the reasons you are stressing over Annie and Molly are not legitimate reasons to not pick one of them. Good luck!

Courtney said...

I have always loved Molly, Parker and Cooper would have been a Molly if they were girls!! Love them all but I love Jack, Maggie, and Molly!!! Good luck!