Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend


What an "Egg"cellent weekend I had with my two favorite bunnies.  This weekend was hoppin' from Friday to Saturday with Easter festivities.  This Momma bunny was seriously worn out by Sunday evening {but aren't I every evening these days?}. And only to find myself Monday morning on the countdown to a Suuuppper party to celebrate my almost 5 year old.  Hmmm...maybe I can rest in May. {and you know I can't ever resist the play on words and Easter just lends itself to so many;}

Friday


Love, love, loved this Easter party hosted by the Zimmermans on Friday.  And for several reasons...1) there was so much to do--easter egg dying, decorating, bunny art, a pseudo egg hunt, and a picnic. 2) it was cloudy which equals precious pictures and 3) it was a wee bit chilly, which you know I normally dislike, but this time it meant my kids FINALLY got to wear their Easter tees!  Fabulous fun.  Thanks Kristen, Ansley and Landon for hosting!


Who would have thought glitter on the eggs?  Leave it to creative Kristen.  And Maggie was enjoying every messy minute.  And I enjoyed all of the precious glitter kisses that I found all over her sweet self for the remainder of the day.



And if glitter wasn't enough...glitter pens.  Another great idea.  Jack took special care in decorating his blue egg.  I think he may have been the last kids standing at the egg table.  Can you say focused? {thank goodness}



But, when all the decorating was done he did have some energy to let loose.  And you know we don't go anywhere without Batman and Superman these days.



Love all these Easter cuties....{bribed with a sweet treat}.



And Maggie definitely earned hers.  That gal sat statuesque still through the whole photo session.



Saturday


Somewhere between a morning Easter Egg Hunt at church, moving Maggie's big girl furniture into her room {you'll have to wait a while on that update--it's a work in progress}, and a trip to the grocery store, we found time to dye our own eggs...per Jack's request...I really thought Friday might have filled that need...not so.



I think Maggie may have dyed all of her eggs pink {only to be disappointed that it barely showed up}.



And 90% of Jack's eggs were blue.  Seems he's stepping out here.



Our kitchen Easter Egg shop was so much fun!  I adore having these kiddos in the kitchen with me.  Amazing memories...I'm so glad Jack insisted on it.  {and yes, that's the famous Batman tee under his apron}


Sunday


The kids woke up Easter morning to find a special treat from the Easter bunny.  Jack's favorite...the Super Friends DVD and Maggie's favorite...the pink slinky.



There was more to be found outside...Easter eggs covered our front lawn {don't ask me how that bunny got around all the construction debris--he must really love the Cibula kids}.  



Jack and Maggie had their final hunt of the season before we headed off to church in our Easter best.  It was time to celebrate the real reason for the holiday.






And I'd like to say, I'm really not this big right now.  But, apparently I am.  However, in my defense, you could remove about 2 yards of excess fabric from that dress.  So please focus on my precious family, that's what I am trying to do anyway;)  This is all worth it, right?

Happy Easter to you and your little bunnies!




4 comments:

Drea said...

I love Erica's expression in that 1st pic :) - you btw look amazing. I dont know what you are seeing that is bad, but I think you look beautiful and still so thin! And yes, even if we do put on weight during a pregnancy, its all totally worth it ;-)

Tanya said...

So cute! Maggie's big smiles for the camera crack me up. You are not big at all. You look great!

The Harris Family said...

Fun Easter activities! You all look so cute!

The Fokens Family said...

Ha!! lol, If you look closely, you can see EKs face too. I was trying to talk her down from the ledge of a 2 yr. old tantrum! What a fun weekend with your precious family.