Thursday, April 5, 2012

Legoland




We braved the new Legoland today.  And braved is a legitimate description. For one,  I took my freshly potty trained Mags far from home to public bathrooms.  And two, this hopping place just opened and it's spring break this week.  We are talking about a *very* popular place.

I can't give myself too much credit though, because I would have never attempted this if it hadn't been a birthday party for one of Jack's dear classmates.  And I kind of love the fact that we had a forced excuse to go.  Because otherwise I probably would have given it a year to let the novelty wear off before I ventured a visit.  Not to mention some poor souls were in a two hour line waiting to get in.  Yikes!

But, we did it.  The kids LOVED it and I have somehow mustered up just enough energy to blog about it before I pass out from exhaustion.

The place was actually pretty incredible.  Well, what I could see through the crowds anyway.  Inside there are two rides {literally rides}, a 4D movie theatre, several lego play stations, an indoor playground, a cafe, and a retail store.  Jack's favorite was the playground and Maggie's was the lego cupcake station.  I enjoyed the theatre that lent itself to a moment to sit.  {I know I'm pregnant, but I swear this place could wear anyone out.}  Oh, and the bathroom wasn't so bad either.  I should know because I took sprinted through a crowd with Maggie in my arms three times.  But, we came home dry.



Maggie loved finding the animals in the lego bins and lining them up.



Jack was pretty fascinated by this lego table that gyrated when you pushed the controls. {oh, and that's his Super Friends necklace that he has on...a cross between superhero and soldier...his two current loves}



The cupcake station was fit for my girl.  All pink.



Maggie became very attached to these dogs. So attached that they accidentally made it home with us.  Oops!   I vow to return them to Legoland on my next visit...in about a year. 



The lego animals in the cafe were a huge hit with my kiddos.



Jack is all about tall tall towers.  These Duplo blocks were awesome.  They were made of a thick foam and perfect for crashes.

  Jack had such lego fever after leaving that as soon as we got home he went straight to his Lego basket in the playroom.  He was a building boy for a good hour. Gotta love legos!  

Thanks Zachary for including us at your amazing party!  Happy Birthday!




No comments: