We went to our gender determining ultrasound today. Yes, the whole family. Maggie sat on the table with me, naturally, in hopes of climbing back into the womb with the new baby. And Jack and Daddy hung out on the sidelines. How appropriate too, that I was nauseated through out the entire process. There is no chance that this baby is going to let me forget I'm pregnant.
Unlike, the gender determining ultrasounds with Jack and Maggie, we found out what we were expecting within the first 5 minutes. Baby was upside down and basically giving us a view of everything but it's face. So, I'm sure this is where you are hoping I'll make the big announcement. But, if you know me, you know it won't happen like that.
It's time to play "Guess That Baby". Here are some clues, let me know what you think and I'll make the big reveal soon.
- I had gotten this precise guess at a 12 week ultrasound a few weeks ago. To put it lightly, I was shocked then. And only because of that, was I semi-prepared this time.
- I feel like as my bump grows it is shaping up to be a watermelon. i.e. lots of back fat
- I had to visit the dermatologist about 2 weeks ago.
- My newest craving is peanut butter and apples.
- I have three kids bedrooms to do as opposed to two.
- The score at our house is even.
- My appetite has decreased and my nausea has stayed very consistent.
- The heartbeat was 160.
- Jack cried the pitiful slow tears streaming down your face kind. It broke my heart.
- I feel a lot of pressure as a mother, but also a slight sense of "this is doable".
- Logistically, this is probably the best scenario.
- I'm looking forward to pulling out hand me downs.
- This could get expensive.
- If we go with one of our name ideas, baby will have a two syllable name.
- I am still unwinding from the shock.
Okay, one of those clues, if not all of them, were dead give aways. So when you make your guess, could you throw some words of encouragement in there too? This is a good thing for our family, right? Like I said, still unwinding from the shock.

14 comments:
A boy!? His little pee-pee couldn't stay hidden and maybe that's why the tech could tell ya so quick? Either way, he or she will be a great addition to your crew! You my friend, will be feeling better soon, I promise! Love ya!
I guess girl! If I can remember Cosby is a boy, so a girl evens the score. Either way I am sure you are thrilled!
You will love having 2 , I surely do :)!
Jack could only cry those crocodile tears if it's another sister!! But, I'll wait until you announce...you could have cleverly tricked us;)
I am thrown...like Erica said, I am guessing Jack cried bc it wasn't a boy....but the bedroom thing is confusing me. And since you aren't craving cheeseburgers...and girls are more expensive...and the girl evens the score.........
Erin..the bedroom is throwing me for a loop too! We need answers;)
I'm not sure I'm allowed to guess. But the 3 bedrooms thing has me thrown. Seems to me like baby girl could move into Maggie's nursery. . . Hmmm. Congrats on a healthy baby-to-be!!
And might I also add you look a whole lot better nauseated than I look on a good day!!
Another Girl!!! Guess my dream was wrong! So exciting!! Maggie will love having a playmate & sister close to her age and Jack will love the big new master suite;)! Can't wait to hear the name!!!
March 5, 2012 11:02 PM
I meant, Donna...oops! I guess we will wait for her bedroom explanation;))
Watermelon - girl
dermatologist - girl
heart rate - girl
score evening - girl
Jack's tears - girl
another bedroom (she would do that anyway)
hand me downs - girl
expensive - girl
You will love having two!
Sarah
A girl! Congrats! We have one arriving in May.
Funny;))
Post a Comment