It's only fair that it be Maggie's turn now. Geez...I was looking back at a few recent posts that were very "Jackifilled"{clearly I made that word up}. So here it is Mags, all for you...
Thursday was Easter Egg Hunt day at school for both kids. But oddly, {and luckily}, I was only invited to one of them. And when I say, "I" that really means all parents {I haven't been shunned}. This actually worked out very nice for me. I didn't have to choose who got graced with my presence, Maggie got me fair and square.
Seeing as how this is the first time I've been invited in her classroom for a holiday, I loved every minute of it. Even the part with her climbing on top of me, laying across my lap, and wrapping her arms around my neck in a choke hold. Yes, my Maggie loves me. And yes, I do understand why parent visits are a rarity in the toddler room.
Eventually Maggie did take a break from trying to climb into the womb with the "new baby"{as she likes to call her}. And when she did, Maggie made her way outside to a plethora of Easter Eggs. Her first announcement was that she only wanted, "peenk". That quickly changed.
Somehow Easter brings out the aggressive side in my little sweet demeanored gal. Who knew? I was not prepared for her go get 'em attitude. That girl was on a mission and color didn't matter. When it was all over Maggie had the most {by a lot} eggs in her basket....I told you she meant business. I suggested she give some to the other children and she made it clear she did not like that idea. And because I think Maggie plays teacher's pet often, Ms. Meredith gave Maggie a loving squeeze and said, "oh, she can have as many as she wants". Being sweet has it's perks, I suppose. That is sweet with a hint of spice.
This was basically the only part of the indoor party where my sweet honey bunny wasn't attached to me. And that was only because she had sweet treats on her plate. Oh the joy of going to school and getting an icing covered cookie...it makes it all worth it in her book {and makes me cringe}.
This was the start of the hunt and also where Maggie realized she had some competition.
Eggs were everywhere...on the slides, in the outdoor toys, along the fence.
I think the only way I got her to stop long enough for a picture was to show her that there were still eggs behind me. I'm pretty sure she is smiling about the fact there were more eggs and not me.
There's my girl counting her loot. That is her new favorite skill to practice. It is precious to listen to. She's up to 14!
When I caught her breaking into her eggs, Ms. Meredith sweetly said, "oh, I told her she could". There's that sweet with a hint of spice again. That sneaky girl knew better than to ask me, especially after that blue dye number 40 something cookie.
Post class Easter Egg hunt pictures. Jack told me all about his since I wasn't there. It sounded like so much fun, I don't even think he missed me. {and please excuse his egg hunt attire, I had his Easter shirt made long sleeve this year, no idea it would be this warm in March. I know I could have done better than a shark though...oops!, he didn't seem to mind, we named him our Easter Shark}







No comments:
Post a Comment