Ha! Ya'll are so funny! Love you gals! I had so much fun reading your comments, emails, and texts. Who knew that this would actually stump some of you. I thought my clues were dead give aways.
Yes, we are expecting more sugar and spice at our house {and she is already a thumb sucker}. How did I ever get so blessed? And yes, I am still in complete shock.
I always pictured number 3 as a boy. I just assumed that's the way it would happen. Apparently, God had other plans. And Jack and I are still sorting through them...together. I hate to admit it, but selfishly I love the idea of another bundle of pink. With my shock also came underlying elation. But, then my heart aches for Jack, who I know would have loved a brother. And I worry about sweet Maggie in the middle.
I never imagined it would be, but the news of a baby girl, has left our family a little bewildered. I know, without a doubt, she was brought to us for a very special reason. And I truly believe she will bring us immense joy, but I find myself over selling the pros of this to everyone, even myself. I think we all just need a few days to let this one soak in.
And when it does, I won't be selling pros to anyone, the blessing will be so clear. Shock or no shock, we love you baby girl and can't wait to welcome you into our family. There is lots of pink waiting for you here!
Oh, and I saw there was some confusion about the room situation. Here's the deal...Jack moves to the old master with his own bathroom {room #1 to redo}. Maggie stays where she is because it's the middle room in proximity and size {room #2 redo}. I find that only appropriate and fair to her. And although that does make more work for me, I refuse to shaft the middle child. And then baby moves into the last room {Jack's old room}, which is closest to the stairs. Convenient for late night feedings. All of the girl nursery goodies move with her. {room #3 redo}
So although, Jack and baby already have the goodies for their rooms, I still am having to redo window treatments {all the windows in each room are different sizes...ugh!}, paint each room, and rearrange/add furniture. And do a bathroom for Jack and eventually make the other bathroom girly for the girls. It's going to be a job.

4 comments:
Yay! The kids are going to adjust so well to a little sister! I come from a family of three in your order: Boy, Girl, Girl! And I love having a big brother and a little sister. My sister loves having a big brother and big sister. And my brother has remained my mom's little prince( he's almost 40) and enjoys every minute of it! How exciting!
I need no convincing of the pros and can't say yay enough :). I can't wait to see all the room re-dos even though it does sound exhausting!
SO exciting..more pink!
So happy for you! Jack is going to be the best big brother to the girls.
Post a Comment