Saturday, September 3, 2011

T-Ball Time



Yes, we are still alive at the Cibula cottage.  We've just been t-balling it up!  {insert a "just corny joking" here}

Okay, as much as I would like to blame my lack of blogging lately on t-ball, I just can not tell a lie.  We've actually only had two practices.  But, it's no joke that we have been playing, just a joke that I can use t-ball as an excuse for my recent absence.

To be honest, I don't know what has really happened in the last 12 days.  Obviously nothing, hence the reason I haven't had any note worthy news. But, no fear, Jack and t-ball are here! Finally, you say,...something worth blogging about!

Like I said, we are on week two of practices.  And by practices, I mean one 60 minute practice a week.  Daddy is one of Jack's t-ball coaches for this first season.  How cute is that? We will soon see if that was a wise decision on our parts.  Anyone who has had a father/son coaching situation knows exactly what I mean.  Jack {and Daddy's} team is the "green team" as Jack likes to call them.  But, are officially called the Sand Gnats.  Really, gnats?  Neither Jack or Clay seemed as disturbed by that as me.

So far Jack likes going to t-ball, it's the backyard practicing that he doesn't want any part of.  {you know, because playing anything Toy Story inside is better than exerting yourself outside}  Hmmm...if only I could find a Toy Story t-ball set.  Might have to do some Googling when I finish this post.  {I just love how writing gets your mind flowing--why didn't I think of that earlier?}

But truly, the best part of all of this is watching my little monkey on the field.  It is quite entertaining and a bit endearing all at the same time.  It's basically all those typical 4 year old sports stories you hear and more.  Someone is making hills in the clay, another kid is experimenting with putting his hat on every which way (usually mine), 5 kids at one time run to the same ball, coaches are steering kids to the right bases because they have no idea which one is 1st or home, for that matter--they all look the same, etc.,etc.  Regardless, I think it's safe to assume, they are all having fun and Jack is certainly worn out after wards, so I'm thinking I like t-ball.

I decided to take full advantage of the practice Saturdays to get some pictures of the action.  Once games start I don't think me and my camera will be happily accepted on the field.  Although, they might not even notice with all of the other shenanigans going on.



Yes, that is 3 kids and 1 ball.  




The great debate...is Jack a left handed hitter or a right handed hitter?



How great is this father/son coaching picture? 



And here is a little of that hat experimenting I mentioned.  Jack is beside himself that his long time buddy,Carson, is on his team too. And you can see why.  Two peas gnats in a pod.



Possibly Jack's favorite part of practice...water break. {and please note the latest hat position}



Here she is...Jack's biggest fan.  I wonder how many of Jack's sporting events over the next few years, this little one will be cheering at. There is nothing like watching big brother.  And because it was only practice, Maggie got to do it from inside the dug out...talk about feeling special.





1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Laughing at the hats! Oh, help us with these boys in organized sports;)