I have officially renamed our annual backyard get together. It use to be Babies and Bar-be-que, but seeing as how the babies are growing up and new ones are taking their place, 4 years later it needed a new name. So 'Cook Out and Kids' it is. Not very original, but I was trying to stick with the alliteration theme.
I think Jack may look forward to this event more than anyone. It's like a giant playdate with what he likes to think of as free rein. Free rein and Jack don't always mix. {He gets a teeny bit overexcited in these settings}. And then there is Maggie. She has a whole other take on the event...pure chaos. Where Jack gets overexcited, little Mags gets overwhelmed. She does enjoy it, but being the soaker she is, observes the chaos from a safe distance. And by chaos, I mean several rambunctious 4 year old boys. Keep her next to the sweet baby girls and she is a happy camper.
We had a fair turn out this year, so bummed that a few close friends couldn't make it. It was impossible to please everyone with a date. We changed the date once and had a few causalities in the process which bummed me out even more. Oh well, there is always next summer. We certainly weren't lacking in the "kids" part of the cook out.
The guys enjoyed a few rounds of backyard Bocci Ball. While Daddy tossed the ball, I manned the grill. Whew!...that is a hot job. I think I did fair work, although, I won't be volunteering those services again.
Only two words for this picture...sweet girls! {Eliza Kate & Maggie}
Check out sugar and spice from our cook out one year ago...so yummy! {yes, that is Eliza Kate & Maggie hanging out at the same event on the same deck last year} Can I just say it?...they grow up way too fast.
And again, only two words for this picture...busy boys! {Jack, Miller, Carson, & Patterson} I'm seriously exhausted just looking at that picture.
The group shot is always a must at this event. My how times have changed. Year one of this event was about 12 babies sitting across our sunroom couch. So precious! And back then we didn't even have to bribe them with popsicles. And take a peek at how polar opposite my kids are...first there is Jack, being an energetic little ball of fire and then there is Maggie, quietly hoping for some personal space and wondering 'is this really worth a popsicle?'.
I think Maggie would agree that the "pop" was worth it and so would these other darling girls. {Please note how the boys took their popsicles and ran.}


3 comments:
Love the side by side comparison of the girls! Too cute! I'm going to use your picture for our blog of Mags and EK. You managed to get a good one between flipping the burgers;)
Thank you for hosting, as always. You are so good at it amidst the chaos!
~Erica
Thank you for so much fun!! We always look forward to this celebration. And these photos are great! Love the last year/this year analysis!
So saD to miss it! Looks like you guys had so much fun:)
Post a Comment