I took the kids to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Superheroes today. By myself, mind you. I just wanted to put that on the record. No, it wasn't impossible. But, with a toddler budding into true toddler behavior and a pre-schooler who has enough energy to wear any sane person out, I feel I deserve a little credit. Now, that I've established that...on to the show.
As you may already know, Maggie is in love with Elmo. She even carries her own Elmo doll everywhere with her and sleeps with him too. Between an Elmo and a lovey we have a lot to keep track of around here {to my dismay}. But, what are you going to do? It comes with the toddler territory in the Cibula family.
Maggie refers to Elmo as "La", you know "la la la la...Elmo's world". And she has taken it upon herself to name her lovey "Boo" {also to my dismay, I tried to name it Pinky, but she had other plans}. So, basically at any given moment at our house, you can hear Maggie searching aimlessly and calling out, "la boo, la boo, la boo?" If you didn't know better, you might think I had a French baby. With all that being said, Maggie was quite thrilled about our trip to see Elmo's show.
Jack, was a bit of a different story. He told me on repeated occasions, that he, "didn't want to go to Elmo's Superheroes". I assumed it was because he loves Toy Story and only likes Sesame Street at his 4 year old maturity. And so I repeatedly gave him the whole speech about 'doing things that make other people in our family happy, even if it's not what you want to do'. Come to find out, the Toy Story obsession and lack of Elmo obsession was not the problem.
Poor guy...the whole time he was worrying himself sick about the "noise" and being "scared". Amazing what I can figure out when I take a moment to just ask. Luckily all of his nervous energy was relieved when I explained that, 'Mommy got balcony seats this time'. You see, when Jack was a little over two, we took him to a Sesame Street Live show and being the, 'great, I want the best for my child', Mom that I am, I got floor seats. Big mistake. Lesson learned and, when I bought tickets this go round, I did not repeat it.
So we had a very happy ending to a Friday...we all had fun, Jack was not scared, {he actually really enjoyed it} and Maggie had an Elmolicious time.
Maggie spent the first half of the show in this position. Intermittently turning around to announce "La" and point to the stage. I think she was in shock and awe.
La and Boo in all their glory. We actually try to leave these guys at home, but I threw them in my bag last minute, just in case she got scared, and well,...she spotted them pre-showtime.
Hmmm...maybe this is why Jack had such a swell time...a $4 dollar snowcone. At least we got a souvenir cup with it. {and yes, that is a blanket on him, I learned two years ago that Elmo shows are FREEZING, so I came prepared this time}
During intermission I got suckered into this spinney Elmo light contraption {and popcorn}. However, I was able to dodge the $10 Elmo balloon this year. And by the way, that light was suppose to be for Maggie since Jack "just likes Toy Story toys".
After intermission, Maggie spent the second half of the show in her seat. I was happy to know that the requirement to buy a ticket for anyone over a year old wasn't a complete waste. And that snowcone cup worked out nicely for Maggie's popcorn snack.
And for nostalgia's sake...I just could not resist. My little guy has grown up so much from his Sesame Street obsessed days. Maggie was just a little peanut growing in my belly at this show 2 years ago and Jack was a terrific little toddler. How time flies.




1 comment:
Can't think of a more perfect event for your Elmo lovers. Looks like a fun time!
Post a Comment