Friday, April 15, 2011

Maggie's 1st Haircut and...Lollipop


At 17 months old, my Maggie got her first haircut. {At 17 months, Jack got his first sprout of hair }. It was well needed, the mullet just wasn't doing Maggie any justice.

I can not lie, I have been putting this milestone off for a good month now. One reason, but certainly not the most important one, is how busy we have been preparing for Jack's Dino-4 party. Another reason, I truly am having a hard time letting my baby become a toddler, especially a toddler who needs haircuts. But beyond those reasons, it has really been due to Maggie's, hmmm...how should I say this?...lack of enjoying strangers in her personal space?

I've mentally prepared myself over the past month for a whining, clinging, unhappy tot sitting up in one of those haircut cars. I wasn't expecting screaming or tantrums {that's just not her style}, but I assumed my Mags would be pretty upset with the circumstances. I am happy to report my "assumption' was near wrong. {note the word 'near'}

My Maggie pulled through and might have actually enjoyed some of it. Especially her very 1st lollipop, EVER! And in the end, she looked beautiful. I didn't think my sweet Mags could get anymore beautiful if she tried....she proved me wrong...again.


The before picture...I should have taken one of the back of her head so you really could have seen the need for a beauty shop visit.


Maggie chose the yellow taxi cab. It was a great debate for about 3 seconds between the taxi and the red fire truck...the yellow cab won out in the end.


Miss Tina is the only one that I will let cut my kids hair. We have been known to wait for over an hour just for her. Maggie even seemed to like {correction, tolerate} her.


The red lollipop and elephants on t.v. saved the day. My Maggie adores elephants. Not even a wince or whine out of her with those two forms of entertainment.


Until....the lollipop fell. I would like to say "ta da" right here..."doesn't she look beautiful?". But, instead I have to give Maggie props for making it to the very end until she shedded her first tear. Once the lollipop fell, it was all over. Not even a new one could pacify this girl...she was done! But, she sure looked beautiful (even with tear stained eyes)! Won't she be a cutie at big brother's 4th on Saturday?



**And on a completely other note...can someone {ahem, Erin} PLEASE tell me why my pictures in the lasts few posts have been so grainy? I swear they don't look like that on my camera or in iphoto. I don't know if it's the editing process or just posting them on the blog...help!**



1 comment:

Erin said...

I was actually wondering the same thing recently... Something is going on in the upload process...the quality is being reduced. If I have a minute I will do some research :)

Mags looks adorable...and that seems very impressive for her first haircut! A few tears is nothin! :)