Amazing! That is the only word I can find to describe my most recent read. Okay, and mystical, humbling, spellbinding, heart wrenching, brilliant, addicting, and....the list goes on.
I found myself literally drugged by the words and storyline of this book. Yes, it was that fabulous. I was up well past my bedtime too many nights absolutely entranced with this novel. Bloodroot had me in the first ten pages. That's all it took for me to realize I had found a jewel.
I would love to give you some great synopsis of the story I just engulfed. But, I almost find myself at a loss for words. Mainly I am just consumed with emotions--scattered emotions. That my friends, is a sure sign of a good read.
The author, Amy Greene, has an incredible talent for story telling. I would pay money for just a tiny tenth of her creative mind and eloquent words. She took the characters of a poverty stricken family over several generations and told a tale of how their lives intertwined in a rural mountain town and made their story so real and valuable.
There is a touch of faith and religion, family dynamics, grief, joy, indescribable fear, and true love told through the eyes of six amazing characters. Like I said...amazing, absolutely nothing short of amazing.
If you can't tell this may have made it to #1 on my fave book list. My next read has a lot to live up to.
If you never read anything I recommend, please at least give this one a try. It will not disappoint (even you non-readers out there--which I cannot believe even exist). Happy Reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment