Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let The Birthday's Begin


Happy 1st birthday Matthew! It's so much fun being one!

The kids and I helped little Matthew celebrate his first birthday dinosaur style this weekend. Daddy was playing tennis, so I loaded up my little T-Rex's and headed out for some birthday fun. Jack explained to me on the way there that, "Matthew was having a baby dinosaur party and he (Jack) was having a big boy dinosaur party". Lest anyone was confused.

Baby or big boy it was another precious party. I have the most creative friends. Kudos to Erin for all of her handmade decor. I have to say I was most impressed with the adorable goodies--handmade dinosaur crayons and handmade coloring books. Jack has already colored and completed every activity in his book. And Maggie has taken to carrying her crayons around the house in a pail. Seriously don't know where she got that from, but she has been well entertained by it. It reminds me that I should go ahead and pull out the Easter baskets--imagine how much fun she could have with that!

So one down, four more to go. Yes, four more birthday parties this month {one of which is Jack's!}. That is one for every week of April. And the best part is they are all dear friends. So, fun for me and fun for Jack and Maggie!


The kids loved doodling and sticking at the dinosaur craft table. Anytime I was looking for Jack, this is where I could find him. {very ironic for a high energy boy} And although this may have been Jack's favorite part of the party, mine was for sure watching Matthew devour his smash cake. Did you see that face up there? So sweet!



Don't let that fru fru bow fool you. This girl has a teeny tomboy streak to her. She traipsed her dinosaurs up and down the table chanting "rrrrr". And if you think that is cute, you should see her with a toy car. {we owe all of this to big brother}


Did I mention Clay wasn't with me? I'm sure that is obvious based on these less than desirable pictures I have of my own children. I'm actually lucky that I even got these two. Although, the pictures are little proof--we really did have a roaring good time and the party truly was adorable via Martha Stewart. Did I say Martha Stewart? I meant Erin Cox ;)





2 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like a super fun "baby" dino party ;)
Your kids are so cute Paula!!! Love looking at all your pictures

Erin said...

ha, thanks for the plug :) And not to change your impression of me as Martha Stewart (haha) but I did not make the dinosaur crayons...even I have my limits! :) So fun to see you guys...wish we could have caught up more though!! Guess we will try again at one of the other parties this month!