I'm finding it hard to swallow that our 'babies' are turning 4 this Spring. Celebrating sweet Sophia's 4th was an endearing reminder to how far our first borns have come. Jack and I met Sophia when they were each only 4 months old. Yes, 4 months and here we are at 4 years. Incredible. Since that first encounter, they've been attached at the hip. In the beginning it was due to Cristina's and my budding friendship. But, it didn't take long before sweet Sophia and busy Jack had developed an indescribable bond themselves.
The friendship that has grown among the four of us has been a true blessing. I needed it as much as Jack did back on that late summer day in 2007. Being a first time stay at home Mom was an adjustment...add a 'not so easy' baby to that and it was really an adjustment. Cristina has supported and guided me through the toughest times with Jack and not once has she gotten tired of hearing me vent {at least not to my knowledge}. And Sophia, well, I couldn't ask for a better influence on Jack. He adores and admires her and it is plain to see why.
So the celebration of Sophia's 4th year in this world was 'sweet' on so many levels. A little bittersweet {it feels like I have 2 kiddos turning the corner from toddler world to pre-school world}, and then there was that super sweet feeling in getting to share this day with our lifetime friend, and finally, literally sweet, and I mean literally...Sophia's theme was a "rainbow candy" party per her girly little self request.
How sweet it is to be 4...
Look at this sweet table. A kiddos dream {note I said kiddos, not Mommies}.

After filling their bags with sweet treats galore, these friends were giddy with their loot. I seriously don't think Jack has EVER had a bag of candy that big {oh, forgot about Halloween}. Regardless, we are going to be rationing the contents of this little yellow bag for a while.

If only Mommy would take the wrapper off. {Maggie has been waiting patiently for Sophia's birthday so she could wear this delicious outfit--the anticipation almost did her in...wink, wink}.

I banned Maggie from a cupcake {I know mean Mommy, but seriously, she didn't eat a bite of lunch and there was no way I was giving in to this sugar rush}. So what did Maggie do? She snuck off and found an abandoned cupcake. I'm actually not so mean...I let her have a little nibble while a snapped a picture of the thieving toddler and only then did I take it away.

As if they needed more candy...but what's a 'Rainbow Candy' party without a Pinata?


We left the party via Lollipop Lane {so so cute} with rainbow candy in our bellies, our brains, and our bags. Guess who couldn't settle down for a nap this afternoon?

No comments:
Post a Comment