Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Walking Magpie


It took 15 looong months, but I am proud to announce my Maggie is a walker! The most independent steps she has taken to date are a whopping 30! Go Mags!

I have found this journey to a walking Maggie to have been exciting, a test of patience, amazing, and prideful all at the same time. Every new experience with Maggie is just that...'new'. She has taught me that being her Mommy isn't the same thing as being Jack's Mommy. And I truly love her for that.

This accomplishment hasn't come without its fair share of hard work and hard prayers. But just to see the grin on her face and the pride in her steps have made it all worth it. Sometimes I have to take a double take when I see her walking towards me without any assistance. It melts my heart in only a way that Maggie has the power to.

We are so incredibly proud of you Magpie. Here's to a beautiful Spring and Summer in a vertical position! (Does this mean I have to call her a "toddler" now?)

*No video of our sweet Maggie is complete without a guest appearance from big brother, excuse his apparel (or lack of). And on that note, excuse Maggie's too--it was right before bath time and she had already shedded the top layer of her precious outfit.*




7 comments:

Mary said...

Adorable video! She looks very steady on her feet! M

Grammy said...

LOVED all the videos. I knew my little sweetheart wasn't going to settle for sitting.

The Fokens Family said...

GO Mags GO! What an exciting day in your house. A walker! Fun and active days ahead for you. We're so proud of your girl!

Erin said...

Way to go Mags! Wish I could have seen more of her moves yesterday :) And Jack's pantsless interruption was hysterical...it made me laugh!

GG said...

Dear Paula

Maggie is charming! Seeing her walk was exciting. I imagine that you cannot watch enough of her little strut. She is so beautiful and I am well aware of the worries that you endured these past months. Jack with his number "twelve" was a necessary addition to the event.

Love Grandma who enjoyed the condo pictures too.

The Campbells said...

Yeah Maggie! What a doll she is. Now you will never sit down. ;)

Mom said...

I have watched Maggie's walking video over and over! How exciting! I remember how thrilling it was to see your first steps and how fun it was to send you walking or call you to me and watch you toddle over towards me with your big hugs! These are moments that you will never forget and will always make you smile when you think of them. I thank God everyday for YOU and your beautiful family! I love you! Mom