Friday, March 25, 2011

Partying As The Pirates Do



Happy 4th Birthday Captain Miller! Peg Leg Jack had a piratelicious good time on your ship. Aargh, matey!

Okay, enough with the pirate talk and on to the party. Nothing like Spring and all the birthday parties that come with it (get ready for lots of birthday posts). This may go down as one of my favorite decorated parties. I knew when I saw the precious invites we were in for a good time. The pirate decor on site did not disappoint. Absolutely darling and so fun and festive! Loved it! (Erica, I may have to steal a few ideas--Cristina and I are really hoping to talk Jack and Sophia into a Pirates and Princesses/Mermaids party next Spring--yes, we are thinking it will be the last year those two can
co-celebrate before they are off to Kindergarten with new friends--sniff, sniff--so better do it while we can).

My little shipmate enjoyed himself at the Pirate Cove. It took us a good 40 minutes to get there, but once we did Jack was a happy boy. He mentioned on our travels, "Mommy, the pirates sure do live far away". "Yes, they do Jack, and that is a good thing". Who really wants to live next to pirates anyway? I think my cautious Jack was relieved to know that even "pretend" pirates don't live close.

Jack left the Pirate Cove with a shiny sword, black hat, skull eye patch, gold pirate loot, and a giant smile. Although, he would have loved to stay longer, this pirate had a plane to catch. Off to sunny Florida to visit Grammy and Grampa with his Daddy. He wore his pirate get up all the way in the car to meet Daddy. Then I had to convince him to give up the goods--I don't think that sword would have made it through security. I assured Peg Leg Jack that his Pirate goodies would be waiting for him when he returned.

Speaking of...I sure do miss my little shipmate.


Someone has to protect the ship. Pirate Jack was on the job--shooting foam balls {and might I add, only yellow and blue ones--his favorite colors} from the cannons.


Burying his treasure?


Even pirates get hungry. I think Miller was doing his best pirate impersonation here. And forgot the thought of Jack actually putting down his juice to take a picture. So this is what we have of Captain Miller and his Shipmate, Jack. I get what I can these days.





1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Aww...Captain Miller loved having all of his swabbie pals at the party. Thanks for coming..cute post. Can't wait to blog about it once I get EK's invites out. I'm partied out! Didn't know J had a plane to catch...land , air, and sea ...that pirate!