Sunday, March 6, 2011

Makin' Music



Making music with Maggie is one of the highlights of my week. After 4 consecutive years of this class, you would think I would have had enough. But, taking Mags is a whole new experience--an absolute blissful one at that. My Maggie is a music lover so there is no better place to spend a Friday with her.

In her usual, 'take it all in' kind of way, Maggie adores this Mommy and me time. She's quiet, but in a very happy content sort of way. She observes a lot and I just know she is soaking everything in. But, she has her fair share of participating too. Her favorites are the ball song and the instruments, preferably bells and drums.

Unlike Jack, in his days of music class, she is right by my side. If it were up to her, she would participate from the comfort of Mommy's lap. Back in the Jack days, there was no sitting, just lots of chasing. Don't get me wrong. He adored class too, but in a very 'on the move' kind of way. I'm still trying to figure out if this is a boy vs girl thing or first child vs second child thing. Maybe a little of both? Or maybe God just decided I needed a little break. If it's the latter...thank you Lord!

So how can I be so sure that Maggie loves her Friday music class? For one, she grins from ear to ear as soon as we walk in the building while I narrate where we are off to--a sure sign. Another clue is her singing from the back seat of the car as we listen to our music class CD--it is absolutely the most precious sound to listen to. And finally, the way she lights up when the instruments come out. So, being her Mommy, I just know. And trust me, this gal of mine is not scared to tell me when she is unhappy.

A little egg shaking. The only issue we have with the eggs is that she wants the one I'm shaking. She puts hers down, reaches for mine, I give it to her, I grab one off the floor, shake it, and the cycle starts again. When will she ever realize they are all the same?


Don't let this pensive face fool you. Maggie loves the ball song. She chants "bah, bah, bah", the entire time Mrs. Anna is distributing them. And ironically enough, Maggie wants to play "bah" with the other children, not even me. That's a first...and generally, an only.


The scarf dance wears me out. Maggie wants to be held through the entire jig with scarves in hand. She does enjoy it though. Add a couple dips and turns in there and she is all smiles.


Where is Maggie? When I get worn out, we sit for a little dancing peek-a-boo, scarf style.


Anything that resembles a bracelet is a bracelet...to Maggie any way. She can have her entire arm filled by the end of the instrument song. Absolutely darling, in such a girly way.





2 comments:

The Campbells said...

Sounds like so much fun. She is such a beautiful girl and I love that she is so girly. Enjoy those friday fun days, they go too quickly.

The Fokens Family said...

We miss ya'll! Hope we can join you in May once our calendar opens up a bit!