I like to take a look back at the previous year each January. I am always amazed by how much my kid(s) have changed and all that we have accomplished in 12 months.
I have to admit it was harder this go round to pick one single event that stood out to me in each month. With two kids, I felt like many times there was something special about each of them in each month. But, keeping true to my promise, I narrowed the list and found the one thing that reminded me of that month in the year 2010.
Some months were almost impossible, I couldn't believe all that had happened. And then there were a few months where I almost wondered "what did we do?". Then I would assume that either Maggie was teething or Jack was having a few 3 year old moments that month.
Regardless, 2010 was truly a special year for our family. 3 years old has proven to be Jack's year (most of the time, anyway). We relish in his company, his wit, his thought process, and everything he is becoming. He has been a true joy and a fabulous big brother. I couldn't be prouder of him. And then there is Maggie, oh dear sweet Maggie. She really became a part of the family in 2010. So many milestones were hit and so many hugs and kisses were passed around. Maggie's love permeates everywhere she goes. She has brought this family together like no other--what a special addition.
So with that being said, here is A Look Back at The Cibula's 2010...
January: My sweet 2 month old baby girl gave us her first smile and let me tell you...it was heaven!
February: What more could a girl ask for? I enjoyed a Valentine's date with my two boys at Jack's pre-school. Love was certainly in the air. And look at that baby face...it will amaze you how much it changes by the end of the year. My first baby sure is growing up!
March: Snow in March, really? This boy had more fun during this impromptu snow playdate. I had just picked him from school and we were headed in for lunch and nap and then this...I could hardly get him back inside. So, I gave in, went and grabbed my camera and now, I'm so glad that I did.
April: THREE...glorious 3! It has really been life changing around here. I can actually rationalize with the boy. Love it!
May: Our 3 family beach trip to Rosemary. Kids, sand, sunshine...What else can I say?

June: My all time favorite photo session...Maggie's sitting session. We got gorgeous pictures of the kids and even a family picture that I can tolerate. Not to mention my sweet Mags, who was just starting her separation anxiety, did wonderful. She must have known that it was all about her!
July: A trip up the East coast...to beautiful Maine...with my hubby...sans kids...perfection!

August: Jack going off to the 3's classroom was a hard one to swallow. Only one more year in Pre-school after this...what will I do? I'm already getting teary eyed.
September: I love that this is the way my kids looked after our annual "Babies & BBQ"/cookout this year. Do you think they had fun? Not to mention, this is just about the time when Jack and Maggie started to interact on a "higher" level. I use that term loosely:)

October: She couldn't have gotten any cuter on Halloween if she had tried. I remember being stumped as to what her costume would be when Jack said he wanted to be a spider. And then it hit me one sleepless night...and it could not have worked out any cuter!

November: So bitter sweet, but it's inevitable, right? My darling Magpie turned the big 1 turkey style. Mmmm...love that girl!

December: Okay, this might seem obvious for December. But, I didn't choose it for the reason you are thinking. I chose it because I was SHOCKED that Maggie let this happen. I was totally prepared to sit on Santa's lap with my kiddos in hand. So, needless to say, I was thrilled. Maggie?, not so much. But I did get that Santa picture...yay!

1 comment:
What a wonderful look back at 2010! I loved reading your memories and reflections. I know it took some time, but the kiddos will love reading this one day.
Post a Comment