Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Again


As if Santa didn't deliver an entire sleigh full to the Cibula house, here come Grammy and Grampa with Christmas again. I'm not complaining and the kids certainly aren't either, but where am I going to put this second load of Christmas loot? Right now it is adorning my once living room. I'm hoping to transition part of it to the playroom in time.

So, with lots of Christmas goodies in hand, Grammy and Grampa graced us with a Christmas visit and it was as wonderful as always. I might have to let Grammy play Santa more often. Her toys were a hit with Jack and Maggie. She always knows just what they will actually play with!

I, along with the rest of the family, only wished they could have stayed longer. We celebrated our Christmas Part 2 with gift giving, family time, and busy kiddos....which I'm sure wore us all out. Clay and I were ecstatic about one of our gifts which was babysitting for New Years Eve night and sleeping in. We've come to cherish "free" nights out.

Clay made the plans so you can guess that it might involve football. Yes, we attended the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl where FSU played. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Can't complain about a night sans kids! Thanks Grammy and Grampa! Looking forward to another visit.

Now, it's time to put Christmas to bed around here. Down with the decorations and an extreme attempt at returning to a routine. Jack is already longing for school (can't complain about that) and I am definitely ready to return to our "normal".

So long Christmas! It was a great one (both times)!

















2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Mmm..loving sweet Mags in her hot doggy attire:) Who has the hot dog line, now? Cute, cute and glad you got a night away!

Grammy said...

Grampa and I had the most fun. We are so blessed with sweet grandchildren and their parents!