Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beach Week

We just returned from a sunny and sandy week at the beach. It was our second annual trip with the Heilmans and the Miccas. This year it was 6 adults and 6 kiddos. Next year, with Cristina's upcoming addition, the adults will be out numbered. Yikes!

I have to admit, the week was busy, and at times, overwhelming. It was my and Clay's first attempt at life outside the comfort of our house with two little ones. Regardless of the challenges, Jack had a fabulous trip. He bunked with the big kids and even slept on the top bed per his request (I was shocked). He spent every single day at the beach and/or the pool. And he consumed enough sweet treats to last him the rest of the summer.

Maggie had fun, not quite as much as big brother though (that will come in time). Unfortunately, she fought a low grade fever for the first four days, teeth anyone? And with the fever came an extremely tired baby. She basically slept the first half of the vacation away. There wasn't much I could do to keep her awake, day or night, so we went with it. By the end of the vacation, she was feeling better and even made one trip to the beach and two trips to the pool. I'm sure all of that will change next year.

If you're curious, we were on the Gulf and it was beautiful! No oil or signs of it for that matter. We were extremely grateful for that. Our beach house was gorgeous (thanks Cristina) with plenty of room for all, our own pool, and a view.

Of course, I took way too many pictures. After we got home and I had a chance to regroup, Jack and I looked through all 165 of them. It was a nice reminder of how fun our family beach trip really was. What better way to organize all those memories than with a slide show? Enjoy the show and imagine the sun shining on your face and the waves crashing around you.





3 comments:

Nancy said...

I loved all the pictures! What a fun trip! And Maggie's pink bathing suit is SO cute!!! :)

Erin said...

Looks like it was a fun week...hope your packing was successful! :)

Tanya said...

How fun! I didn't know you were so close. We live right down the road at WaterSound.

Maggie is really growing up. The kids are precious!