Sunday, June 13, 2010

June Birthdays

Wow! We just spent an entire weekend celebrating June Birthdays. It started with a quick visit from GG. She was on her way to Florida for the weekend and made a stop at the Cibula cottage. That is always a pleasant surprise. We celebrated her birthday with a little gift giving and a nice lunch out before she headed down the road.

Our weekend was then packed with birthday parties galore. Saturday was an exciting party at "Play" for Nate's 3rd! Between trampolines, parachutes, balls, and a foam pit, Jack did just that "play" and hard. He was exhausted by the time we got home and crashed for a three hour nap. A boy can only take so much! Even with all that fun, his favorite part was, as always, the cupcakes!

Sunday was a pool party for one of our newest friends, Jack Janci. Another 3 year old to join the thrilling three gang! Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures from that bash. And even more unfortunate, my Jack was escorted out by his parents before the cupcakes were served. An unanimous decision was made between Mommy and Daddy that Jack's behavior did not warrant anymore birthday fun. We needed a consequence that he would remember and here's hoping it worked. I suppose we will have to wait until the next Birthday party to find out.

After another much needed nap by Jack, we topped the evening off with a Birthday celebration right here at home for me. Yes, I am well into my 30's now! Sunday was the day. And although, the first half of the day was rough, my boys made it up to me with a delicious chocolate cake and a round of Happy Birthday. Oh, and did I mention, I got a new MAC too?

It's my new toy and I am having so much fun with it. Now if I can just figure it out...ha! So forgive me if I'm a little slow on the blogging for the next couple weeks. I've got a lot to learn.

So Happy Birthday to all of our June friends...isn't if fun to be a June baby?

Ready, Sit, Listen...it's time to "PLAY"!


Did I mention Jack's favorite part of a Birthday party are the cupcakes?


Jack was very proud of his mess. I think he was hoping to impress Wesley Kate.




And the clean Birthday Boy! Happy 3rd Nate!


The end to a very busy Birthday weekend. Happy Birthday Mommy!






3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Belated Bday! I realized after you left on Sat that I didn't get to say that to you! Glad we got to see you this weekend though!

Karen said...

Happy Bday Paula!
I knew it was the 13th- With all the newborn craziness I forgot to call you!!! Hope you had a great day

The Campbells said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Don't be too hard on Mr. Jack, birthday parties can be overwhelming and bring out the worst in the best of kids. Take care and I would love to see all the Cibulas.