Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy To Be A Mother

My kids were perfect today. They must have known it was Mother's Day. Wouldn't it be nice if everyday was Mother's day?

I love being a Mother on the great days like today and even on the challenging days, like basically every other day.

I always knew I wanted to be a Mother. But, I never knew how happy it would make me. My little ones have changed me in so many ways. They honestly have given me a new purpose in life and I wouldn't change it for the world. I have a new perspective on the "everyday" and have learned to appreciate the littlest things in life. Nothing makes me happier than watching them grow, reminiscing on days past, and living new experiences through their eyes.

My favorite thing about being a Mother to Jack is when we have an "aha" moment together. He can do something so little or say something so simple and I realize "he really has been listening to me" and at the same time I can see the "aha" in his eyes, "oh, that's why Mommy is trying to teach me that". That is what makes all of my, what sometimes seems like wasted effort, really worth it. It's not so wasted after all. He truly trusts and respects me.

My favorite thing about being a Mother to Maggie is when I walk in a room and her face lights up. "That's my Mommy and I want her NOW!". She comes into my arms, smiles with a wide open grin and buries her head into my shoulder. She loves me and I can feel it with every ounce of my being.

Today was just a simple reminder that...I'm really Happy to Be a Mother.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you Happy Mothers. And thank you to the ones who have influenced me so deeply. What a day!





1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Paula! The thought of taking two to the pool overwhelms me right now...you ARE super mom.
~Erica