Jack was blessed with two fabulous teachers, precious classmates, and an abundance of new skills. I looked at this year as an opportunity for socialization. However, I truly believe he walked away with more than that.
Jack had his first crush (I use this term loosely with a 2/3 year old). He came home daily and told me with a sheepish grin how he chased Reese on the playground. He always followed with, "She is my favowite frwend".
He told me how a certain boy (I won't mention names), never shared. I took that as a learning opportunity and we prayed for his friend every night.
He laughed when Ms. Inge nicknamed him the "water monster". And since then each time he is thirsty he reminds me of his new name.
Throughout the year, he consistently pointed at his school art work, that adorns out kitchen, and repeated, "I made dat one and dat one and dat one and dat one and dat one..." until he made his rounds through every picture.
And he even learned his very own snack time blessing which we now say at dinner complete with prayer hands.
So, Jack has officially graduated from the 2's...sniff, sniff. I can see how this gets harder and harder with each passing year. But for now, it's time to celebrate the summer (yipee!) and prepare for, hopefully, another fabulous year in the 3's room.

1 comment:
What a cute post! Happy Summer to y'all!
Post a Comment