Well, it actually wasn't an official appointment--it was what they call a "quick look". They generally don't see boys for a teeth cleaning until about 3 1/2 years old. So instead the office recommends you bring your tot in every three months around age 2 to prepare them for the big visit. And best of all, the "quick looks" are completely free of charge!
The entire appointment itself was no more than 15 minutes. It was 5 minutes of Jack picking out his 'pre see the dentist' sticker and tooth brush. He ended up with a 3D butterfly sticker with flapping wings and a blue and yellow tooth brush. About 3 minutes with the dentist where she "counted" his teeth/checked for any problems. And the final 7 minutes were spent picking his prize out of the toy drawer.
And wow, was that a toy drawer--there were some fancy goodies in there. Jack's final choice?...a plastic egg with a beetle immersed in slimy goo. "Seriously?", I asked him, "of all things?" And his response, "I like insect bugs". Who can argue with that? Now since we've been home, I've tried to hide the egg and it's contents on several occasions. And Jack always seems to ask for it. I'm waiting for the novelty to wear off.
Minus the gooey beetle there were good results from our day at the dentist--Jack got an excellent report on his teeth (which warranted a sigh of relief from me, considering Clay and I are actually the ones taking care of those things) and Jack has asked me several times if we can go back. So until next time, we'll keep brushing away and I'll keep trying to hide his dentist day prize.
Jack intently listened to the dental instructions being shared.

2 comments:
P-
How fun! David went to his "happy visit" earlier this summer and he thought it was fun. Miss Robin tickled his teeth for a second and he thought it was funny. These little guys are CRAZY!
Technology is unbelievable! Maggie is beautiful just like I knew she would be. I hope she looks just like you.
Loved Jack at the dentist. He took it so seriously. What a guy. Two more weeks before we see all of you. Hope you're feeling well.
Post a Comment