Friday, July 25, 2008

What's Been Going On

It's been almost a week since I last posted, so I thought I would fill everyone in on what's been going on at The Cibula household. Nothing too exciting, but since so many people have been asking about the house I'll start with that. It's been a whole week with no showings. This whole 'house for sale' thing has been very hit or miss. Some weeks we've had as many as 4 showings and then this week nothing. How odd. However, we've come close to getting an offer twice now. But, close doesn't count. One couple came by 3 times just to decide the deck was too high for their little ones, which by the way are 5 year old triplets. The other couple wanted to pick out the new roof that we are having put on the house, so we said, 'sure, with an offer'. Unfortunately, we just found out today that the deal on their current house selling fell through, so now they have to look in a lower price range. Such a bummer! But, the good news is everyone who has looked at the house has loved it. It just seems to be the lack of a backyard that is holding us up. With that feedback, we had the backyard minimally landscaped with a wooded area, a wood chipped area for a play set, and a very small patch of grass. Nothing too fancy. However, we've only had 1 showing since that completion and it was the "too high deck" people. We are still holding out faith and know that the right buyers will come eventually. Say some prayers for us, please.

In other news...we are having teeth trouble around here. And this time it's not Jack. I actually started feeling a little tooth discomfort at the beginning of the week. By Thursday it was unbearable. If you can believe this , I have a wisdom tooth coming in. I thought I had the bottom 2 taken out when I was in college. Apparently it was only 1 on the bottom because my jaw on the left side is throbbing. (I never claimed to have a great memory.) The oral surgeon wanted me to have it taken out today and I actually considered it. However, we are throwing a couple's baby shower for a friend in the neighborhood on Saturday. When I told the nurse this, she said, and I quote..."you might be alright by then, just don't talk a lot". With that advice, I decided to postpone the surgery until late Monday. I have one painful weekend ahead of me. Poor Clay had to rearrange his work schedule so he can take me and pick me up and we had to find a sitter for Jack on Monday. Now, the question is what am I going to do about Tuesday, not being able to talk and downing pain meds? Anyone want a toddler on Tuesday?
Other than those two cheerful tidbits (ha!), Jack is doing great. I'm still trying to figure out his napping issues, but that is a whole other post in it's self. I'll update you all soon, in hopes of soliciting some advice. He is still busy, happy, and eating me out of house and home. Speaking of eating, I ordered Jack some of those Snacktraps. Possibly one of the best toddler inventions yet (Thanks Allison for introducing me). It took him a while to get the hang of it. His hand occasionally got stuck in the trap and he would moan and shake his trapped hand around until I could rescue him. But, with food being the motivation, he figured out the trick to getting the food out without trapping his hand in no time. So, on that note, here are some pics of Jack sporting his new food gadget. After all what is a post without pictures? Happy weekend to you all!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure they get them ALL. I don't think extracting one bottom wisdom tooth will be too bad. It's the top ones that make your face swell and you might remember an easy recovery from your last go with this. Although it sounds like you may not remember!!
Also, thanks for the snacktrap idea. I had to order/send a birthday gift tonight and I ordered 2 for a friend and 2 for Patterson. Sometimes I have no idea where we would be without you guys.

The Fokens Family said...

So sorry about your teefers ;)
That is SO painful! I hope the surgery went well and that you are feeling MUCH better. How did you make it through the weekend??
~E