So we had Jack's "walking" pictures taken recently. I held off as long as I could, considering a pending move. Then I decided I just couldn't risk missing this stage of his life. So
Lisa Russo offered to hold our pictures for us until we eventually sell and move. That way I could figure out wall space, decorating, Jack's new room etc. before I place an order. Because at this point, who knows where I'm going to put the pictures I have now, much less the new ones. When I initially viewed the slideshow, I was slightly disappointed. NOTHING against Lisa, she is fabulous. It was her subject. We did the session in the early am before the heat and at the time Jack was still a slave to his morning nap. So once we finally got Jack fed, dressed and to the location, he was only about 40 minutes short of nap time. Lisa had to work fast. Not too mention, Jack is not always a morning person and depending on the scenery and the people it can take him a few minutes to warm up (not usually, but on ocassion). By the time he got settled in his new environment pure exhaustion had already set in. So his usual big blue eyes were small and glazed over. And his smiles were few and far between. Clay and I did everything short of standing on our heads to make that kiddo smile. Of course, Daddy was able to get the real grins out of him. But, I think if Jack could have talked, he would have said, "enough already, take me to my bed and my lovey". And did I mention that during the week of the session, Jack had begun practicing a new face that resembled a scrunched up scowl? You'll see it in the slide show and know exactly what I'm talking about. Which,by the way, is the last time I've seen it. I guess practice makes perfect...good timing on that one Jack! And lastly, I must mention that he is a toddler on the move, which I'm sure makes it a challenge to photograph. But, the good news is we got some great family shots, which is something I can never get. And after watching it a zillion times, I actually started falling in love with the many facial expressions. With out further ado, I present...Jack at One the Slideshow. Enjoy!
Beware the slideshow takes about 3 minutes to upload the first time you view it. You can see the status of the upload by scrolling down and watching the bar.
7 comments:
Paula,
I LOVE them! I promise, I get so emotional seeing that slideshow!!! Chill bumps and everything! You
know, I think the best pictures are pictures that show so many sides of their personality, scrunched up face and all. I think these types of pictures are some I
will always treasure, because they have so much personality! And it so accurately shows that phase in
their life. I actually think this was one of his best shoots! (of course they were all fabulous:))
The family pictures were awesome, as well as the ones of just you and CLay. How will you ever decide???
Well I can see that you didn't get any photos of Jack's big blue eyes but I think you got a lot of awesome shots. I adore the photos of him walking away, on the porch and on the path. I always love those photos. You also got some good family shots, sitting on the stairs and I like the one of you two faded in the background (although if it was my family I probably wouldn't like it for us for whatever reason). And you and Clay have some cute couple shots too. I think you'll still end up spending some money!! I like a couple of the ones where he looks curious. I think there was one sitting in the wagon that was cute in color.
More details after I watch it 100 times!
Gorgeous Paula!! They turned out SO good! 1 years old is hard to shoot. They're so mobile!!
I like how you coordinated what you are wearing. That's half the battle right there. It's always SO stressful!
E
I think the pictures are incredible. My favorites are you guys on the steps and the ones with Jack's face scrunched up. It's going to be hard to choose.
hey - i just wanted to let you know i absolutely love the pics!! Jack is becoming such a handsome little fellow and he's getting hair :) i think the scowls are cute. it just marks a stage of his life. there's always so many good pictures of him I don't know how you choose.
these are great! I love the scrunch face!
Love these!! Precious!! He is such an adorable little man!
Post a Comment