Sunday, July 6, 2008

Silly Spoon

Jack has a new fascination with silverware or in his case plastic ware. He has decided that he likes to try to dip his spoon into applesauce, yogurt, and baby food jars (yes, we occasionally still pull out some baby food if our dinner isn't to his liking or if Daddy is traveling and the kitchen is closed). He hasn't perfected the skill of actually getting a whole bite on his spoon yet, so I often have to fill it and then hand it over to him. BUT!, he can make it to his mouth which is a drastic improvement from just a month ago. He even likes to give the fork a try. He will stab anything on his tray, including fruit, cheese, veggies, and even bread. He seems to be slightly more talented when it comes to the fork, but far from an expert. I decided to catch his "silverware" skills on video this week. And wouldn't you know that as soon as I turned the camera on, Jack turned into a big ham. Instead of handing the spoon over for a refill like he normally does, he decided to play "come and get it". He thought it was so funny to psych Mommy out before actually handing the spoon over. His giggles were so cute that I couldn't resit sharing. Although it's not what I had in mind when I pulled out the camcorder, it sure was fun to see silly Jack in action...and this time with his spoon! Bon Apetite!




1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

SUCH a cute boy!!! :) Blake is also practicing with a spoon every morning ... it's a MESSY learning experience!!