Friday, July 4, 2008

Our Little Firecracker


Jack was full of explosive energy this 4th of July. I have never been so worn out from chasing him around as I was today. We attended my Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob's annual 4th of July cookout. It is always great fun and I love seeing my cousins who are home from college. The afternoon is usually packed with eating, swimming and socializing. But, this year it was full of chasing. I chased Jack in the house, out of the house, to the pool, out of the pool, to the food table, through the kitchen, in the yard...you name it, I was there...several times at that. Jack was the first to greet anyone who came through the front door and always there to wave his 'bye byes' as guests left. He did lounge for a brief 2 minutes in the pool chair, but that was about the extent of it. I don't know who was more tired on the way home...Jack or myself. Seeing as how Jack's bedtime is well before the fireworks show, he must have known that we would miss out. So he energetically gave us our own show with Jack starring as the most brilliant firecracker of all! Happy 4th to all and I hope yours was a bit more relaxing than ours.

An all too brief lounge in the pool.

Catch me if you can.

'You don't think I'm actually going to sit here with this ball, do you?'

The Dumbacher crew...with a few extras.




3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

I KNOW the feeling...so much for a relaxing time anymore!!
Happy 4th!!
Erica

S, J, B, & S said...

What a fun day! And I KNOW how it is chasing a toddler around ALL DAY LONG ... long gone are the days of relaxing holiday weekends! :) But this way is much more fun! Happy (belated) 4th!

Erin said...

Glad you guys had a good 4th! We missed you!