Thursday, July 17, 2008

Patterson is One

Jack and I were so bummed when we got the invitation to Patterson's First Birthday party and it was scheduled for the same weekend we were gone to Quebec. The invites were too cute with a Luau theme and swimming to go with it. We had to make up for lost time, so Jack and I piled in the car today, bathing suits and all, and celebrated a belated b'day with little P. Donna filled up the pool, pulled out the toys, and cooked grilled cheese for us. It was like a party all over again. We were excited when we arrived and Wesley Kate and Karen were already there to greet us. We munched on our lunch and then headed out to the pool. Patterson immediately did a nose dive in and splashed around to his hearts content. Unfortunately, Jack wasn't in a wet mood, so he chose to stand on the side of the pool with toys in hand. Sorry Donna for all of your pool prep work...maybe next time! I eventually took him out and he pleasurably ran around the yard. My boy likes to be on the move these days. Wesley Kate joined the boys in the pool after sunbathing in the yard for a bit. What a girly girl, and oh, so precious! She's got her Momma's big blue eyes. A change of clothes later we headed inside for the toys. Jack sported his new Quebec tee-shirt that Mommy and Daddy got him last week on vacation. It's a 2t and it's already snug. I even hung it up to dry after I washed it. What am I going to do with this growing boy? He had to of worked some calories off once we got inside, because he was on the move making his rounds from toy to toy showing the little ones how it is done. His favorite must have been the ball pit. After WK had her go at it, Jack hopped in and kicked balls everywhere. Again, sorry Donna, there is no telling where you found balls after we left today. We had a great time and loved celebrating a belated birthday with the gang...as far as Jack and I are concerned it was as good as the real thing. Welcome to the club Patterson!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patterson's birthday would not have been complete without Jack! Thanks for celebrating on his official day and spoiling him rotten with love and gifts!